Kingsley is retained to appoint an experienced, high calibre Property Asset & Development Manager to join this clients’ UK & Ireland Property Asset Management team, to be responsible for the day-to-day Property Asset Management of the leasehold portfolio, working predominantly from Manchester.
Reporting to the Procurement and Property Director, the Property Asset & Development Manager is responsible for implementing the strategy for the clients’ property portfolio which comprise office, warehousing, bonded warehousing and other properties – currently at circa 38 leasehold interests.
Primarily this will involve:
- the strategic sourcing, leasing and fit out of properties as well as the disposal of properties in line with operational and/or contract requirements;
- the ongoing lease management of its’ property portfolio, including rent review negotiations;
- ensuring the property portfolio remains compliant to the lease and all regulatory obligations;
- project leading property related site developments, managing all internal stakeholders and external advisors.
Key Duties to include:
- Liaising with the Property Director, the COO and Operations Directors & General Managers, the Head of Compliance and other relevant stakeholders to establish Property Portfolio Management plans.
- Assist the Property Director and finance teams in the budget process for property related costs; future property related business plans including capital expenditure requirements and providing periodic financial updates.
- Ensuring the Property Portfolio remains compliant to lease, statutory and regulatory obligations, including the production of annual Preventative and Compliance Maintenance Plans in liaison with the company’s Compliance and Operations teams.
- Liaise with Procurement (lead stakeholder), Operations and Compliance when Property and Facilities Preventative & Compliance related Maintenance tenders are being run along with the subsequent post tender contracting.
- Manage and implement operational property related requirements e.g., expansion plans, alterations, disposals, change of use, insurance claims, with both internal and external stakeholders
- Build up strong relationships with both external stakeholders, including landlords and managing agents, and internal customers to understand their business and ensure property requirements are met.
- Lead on negotiations with Landlords in respect of lease events.
- Liaise with external advisors on Business Rates related matters.
- Support the local facilities managers in property related matters.
- Responsible for preparing board papers for property transactions for sign off by the Property Director and other senior stakeholders.
- Review initial documentation prepared by external professional services providers for documenting transactions.
- Sign off transactions carried out by external advisors in accordance with the delegation matrix ensuring consistency with budget and asset management plans.
- Set out realistic but challenging targets for Property related expenditure budgets for asset and business planning.
Knowledge, Experience & Qualities:
- RICS or equivalent 5+ years post qualification experience
- Strong interpersonal/communication & negotiation skills
- Decisive decision-making skills to evidence-based judgements, assessing risks to achieve delivery and taking accountability for results.
- In-depth knowledge of industry standards of process and procedures of asset management including quality assurance requirements together with technical expertise in specific areas which will include rent reviews, lease renewals and rating
- Commercial and financial awareness
- Knowledge and experience of a wide range of different property markets including amongst others office and industrial sectors.
- Ability to understand, identify and work with internal and external stakeholders/ partners to meet requirements
- Ability to understand and meet internal customer requirements
- Ability to handle multiple assignments at any given time
- Track record of taking responsibility and achieving milestones, targets and outputs.
- Ability to drive project teams to meet deadlines and timetables.
- Ability to represent the company and act as a company ambassador
- Communicate effectively at various levels up and down an organisation in a style appropriate to the audience
- A basic salary of circa £70,000 per annum (D.O.E.);
- Car Allowance;
- Private Healthcare;
- Life Cover
- and more
To apply for this position in complete confidence, please email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org or call Andrew Kingsley at Kingsley on 07879 413 765 for further information.