Our client is a leading global property consultancy, with offices throughout the UK. The Valuation team in Leeds specialises in the valuation of commercial and residential sectors across the region and the team benefit from considerable experience in valuing a wide range of assets and providing specialist advice for loan security, due diligence and transactional advice, financial reporting, performance analysis, IPO, equity raising and development appraisals. The team has more recently provided valuation advice on some of the leading and iconic projects in the North West.
This is an Associate position which will principally involve providing valuations for loan security purposes to a range of clients throughout Leeds, Yorkshire and the wider North East region. Assets will be predominantly commercial although there may also be valuations of large-scale mixed-use City Centre schemes.
Working specifically within the Valuation Advisory group, you will be part of a regional Valuation team that:
- Values a broad range of asset types including mixed-used prime City Centre Developments
- Works with major banks and investors among a broad spectrum of local, national and international clients
- Provides specialist advice to clients based on thorough sector knowledge through wider collaboration with market leading capital markets, agency, research and management teams.
To provide valuations and related advice on a range of property types and to a variety of clients many of whom are core clients of the firm;
- Develop and manage client relationships;
- Assist the team in achieving target and growing the business line.
Main Duties, Responsibilities & Accountabilities:
- To work independently within a team context carrying out property inspections and background due diligence;
- To demonstrate good market knowledge of the areas and sectors you are active in;
- To prepare and deliver valuations and reports to a very high level of accuracy and quality and to client timetables;
- To observe RICS regulatory requirements in particular those of the ‘Red Book’;
- To put clients first and achieve maximum client satisfaction;
- To work efficiently to maximise profitability;
- To ensure that your required hours of RICS CPD is completed and recorded;
- To ensure the maintenance of all job files and appropriate instruction records in accordance with in-house QA procedures;
- To observe and implement clients’ procedures to include Quality Assurance, Health & Safety Environmental, IS security and all other policies;
- To be open to involvement in new areas of work within the valuation business;
- To be client facing and able to identify opportunities for business growth and fee earning opportunities and help grow the business;
- To support the Senior members of the team to achieve team and department objectives;
- To support graduate team members in their APC preparations;
Knowledge, Skills and Experience
- MRICS qualified, with post-qualification experience
- Wide mixed-use Valuation experience
- Particular enthusiasm and knowledge of Development Valuations
- Strong market knowledge ideally of the regions property market
- Knowledge of Argus Developer and Investor packages
- Microsoft office package essential
- Ability to work under tight time constraints in order to deliver high quality service
- Must be enthusiastic and self-motivated with excellent client skills
- Must be flexible and a team player
- Must have strong verbal and numerical skills and be comfortable with report writing
- Must be customer - service driven with strong communication skills
- Must be able to supervise and delegate to junior members of staff
My client offers real scope for career development for a dedicated, professional and enthusiastic individual with a strong work ethic who wants to join one of the market leaders. To apply for this position then please email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org or call Andrew Kingsley on 0113 887 2170 for further information.
Kingsley is a niche leading recruitment consultancy, specialising in the Property & Legal Sectors. We recruit across the UK, so if you are looking for your career next move, call us for a confidential chat on 0113 887 2170 or email email@example.com.