Thank you for your interest - this position has now been filled, but if you are interested in similar roles get in touch and we should be able to find something for you.
We are looking to appoint an Associate Director/Director of Structural Engineering, based in Liverpool. The practice is a multi-disciplinary division that is trusted to deliver some of the industry's most challenging and time-critical engineering projects.
As Associate Director or Director, dependent on experience, you will provide design and technical leadership to our structural engineering teams. Successful applicants will have a broad understanding of design, excellent holistic problem-solving skills, and a thorough understanding of engineering principles and how they are applied through codes of practice and industry specific standards. My clients reputation is based on successful delivery and the role will require this technical knowledge to be translated into the team’s ability to respond to client needs and timescales.
This is also a great opportunity for a technical leader in the profession to develop the teams, in terms of capability and leading ambitious engineers. The successful applicant will educate, inspire, and motivate colleagues to high standards of design quality and to achieve successful delivery. We would expect the successful applicant to join and enhance the open culture where curiosity and imagination are valued alongside technical rigour.
In collaboration with the team, my client is enhancing their ability to undertake high profile, design led projects. The technical leaders will therefore need to demonstrate a track record of creative design and the ability to innovate in a multidisciplinary environment. As a senior representative, we would also expect the successful candidate to present the firms achievements to clients and to peers within the wider industry.
This role presents an exceptional opportunity to work within a renowned design consultancy delivering projects across a range of sectors. The successful candidate will make a major contribution to high profile and large scale multidisciplinary projects that are changing the way we live today.
- A chartered civil/structural engineer with MICE or MIStructE status
- Extensive experience within building design on multidisciplinary projects at all design stages
- A technically focussed engineer, with substantial experience of engineering and delivering projects across a broad range of sectors.
- Substantial experience of different construction techniques, buildability, and practical site issues
- Ability to effectively manage resources and to work within budget and to programme
- Experience in the use of software for structural analysis and design
- Practical experience of reinforced concrete and steel design to British, European and, preferably, American codes
- The ability to clearly communicate technical and design concepts through reports and presentations
- Good organisational and interpersonal skills and the ability to work well under pressure
- A flexible attitude to both the type of work being undertaken and the level of responsibility accepted
- Ensuring the provision of efficient, high quality, structural engineering design
- Supporting single and multidisciplinary project teams
- Delivering multiple projects or parts of larger projects to completion, within budget and to programme
- Working closely with clients and architects to produce creative designs to meet client aspirations
- Initiating, promoting, and driving forward programmes of continuous improvement for our structural engineering teams
- Assisting in managing the broader team through mentoring, training, and conducting annual appraisals
- Contributing to other technical and operational duties as required by the team
For a confidential discussion about this role, please contact Caroline Kingsley on 0151 242 1630 or 07768 381 831. Alternatively, please email email@example.com