£50000 - £75,000
8 months ago
We are looking for an Associate Director/Director of Structural Engineering who can educate, inspire and motivate a team. You will have a problem-solving, curious mind, a passion for design and technical leadership, understanding engineering principles and how they are applied through codes of practice and industry-specific standards.
The consultancy is a multi-disciplinary division working on high profile, design-led projects with a reputation for successful delivery. You will lead and develop ambitious engineers to achieve high standards of design quality and successful delivery. As a senior representative, to present the firm's achievements to clients and to peers within the wider industry.
- A chartered civil/structural engineer with MICE or MIStructE status
- Extensive experience in structural engineering building design on multidisciplinary projects at all design stages
- A technically focused engineer, with substantial experience of engineering and delivering in a broad range of structure types and materials
- Substantial experience of different construction techniques, buildability, and practical site issues
- Practical experience of reinforced concrete and steel design to British, European and, preferably, American codes
- The ability to clearly communicate technical and design concepts through reports and presentations
- Good organisational and interpersonal skills and the ability to work well under pressure
- Ensuring the provision of efficient, high quality, structural engineering design
- Supporting single and multidisciplinary project teams
- Working closely with clients and architects to produce creative designs to meet client aspirations
- Initiating, promoting, and driving forward programmes of continuous improvement for our structural engineering teams
- Assisting in managing the broader team through mentoring, training, and conducting annual appraisals