Thank you for your interest - this position has now been filled, but if you are interested in similar roles get in touch and we should be able to find something for you.
The Position & Team:
A major multi-disciplinary property surveying consultancy is looking to appoint an Associate or Partner of Residential Valuation Team for their Leeds office, working alongside another Regional office of Manchester.
Our clients’ team provides a comprehensive residential offering to its’ clients, including but not limited to Agency, Valuation, Viability, Consultancy, Student Accommodation and Private Rented Sector, and the team continues to advise on some of the most exciting and advanced residential transactions throughout the North.
- To lead and play a major contribution in the Residential Valuation team in providing professional residential advice and services throughout the Yorkshire and North West market.
- Lead on the provision of a full range of residential consultancy and valuation advice to a wide range of key existing clients in support of instructions managed by all colleagues from Surveyors up to Partner level.
- Working alongside the Development Consultancy and Planning teams in the Regional offices.
- Manage and contribute to team fees, billing and profit targets
- Help to develop and/or lead the team plan to develop the clients’ portfolio
- Prime client interface on projects i.e. update clients on progress, respond to queries, provide strategic advice
- Continue and enhance the team profile throughout the market
- Overlook and assist Associate& Partners by contributing to client presentations, bids and pitches
- Identifies key technical issues/ problems in transactions and offers appropriate solutions
- Oversee and/or support delivery of client assignments, i.e. in the preparation and processing of technical/valuation information
- Work collaboratively with/within the team to generate new instructions and pool expertise within the team
- Proactively identify new business and revenue opportunities with new and existing clients
- Manage & liaise with internal teams and external consultants to provide a full client service
- Gather and act on client feedback
- Identifies opportunities to cross-sell when discussing a client’s requirements
- Manage (or help to manage) team budgets and billing
- Maintain and develop strong client relationships
- Seek to exceed team turnover target
- Engage with team members and understand what other teams engage in and maintain
Knowledge & Experience:
- General Practice background for either a Corporate, Public Sector or Private practice
- Possess a strong contact base
- Some experience of managing & successfully leading team (Partner level) preferable
- Rounded experience of residential surveying consultancy and viability skills
- An understanding of business development and client relationship management
- Experience in networking and building relationships internally and externally
- A level of experience selling successfully to clients
- Demonstrable technical competence in areas relevant to role such as Circle / Argus, residual analysis planning viability analysis and PRS
- Demonstrable understanding of market and local knowledge
- Knowledge of the wider residential sector
- Financial awareness of yields, band rates, mortgage rates and availability of mortgages
- Business and report writing experience
- Detailed knowledge of current legislation and case law relevant to role
- IT skills (MS Word Advanced, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, Internet)
- IT industry specific packages (i.e. Circle / Argus, Developer, Grail, etc)
Skills & Personal Qualities:
- Excellent command of written / verbal English
- Team player & Team leader (Partner level)
- Selling, negotiation, presentation and marketing skills
- Commercial awareness skills
- Good communicator
- Time management
- Relevant degree level qualification
- MRICS/FRICS qualification
Our client is looking to recruit a key individual who enjoys a high level of responsibility, responding to challenges, is excited by meeting the toughest targets and has fun working at the leading edge. The role offers real scope for career development for a dedicated, professional and enthusiastic individual with a strong work ethic who wants to join one of the true market leaders.
To apply for this position, then please email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org or call Andrew Kingsley on 0113 887 2170, for further information.