Overall Purpose of Job
My client is looking to recruit an exceptional Property Management Surveyor to be based in their Leeds office and covering the Yorkshire and North East regions.
This is a multi-disciplinary international surveying consultancy and has a strong and well-established Asset Management Department both nationally and in their Leeds office. My client acts for investors and occupiers in the office, industrial and retail markets, managing a cross-section of commercial property types. They combine experience and knowledge with innovation and creativity, handling national and international portfolios for a wide variety of clients.
The regional team is responsible for managing properties managed by a number of key clients throughout the region in addition to local based clients.
Based in Leeds you will be the lead surveyor responsible for a specific Leeds City Centre development and will therefore require previous experience in managing grade A offices, retail and leisure use and have a strong focus on client relationships and customer service.
The team comprises 7 fee earners and has ambitious plans to grow through both existing and new clients. The team is friendly, sociable and dynamic and offers several opportunities including:
- Interested and varied work across asset classes.
- Client facing role with the opportunities to lead client relationships and grow instructions.
- Structured training and career progression
- A strong internal support network.
- Manage the transition of client/properties in and out of the company management.
- Responsible for compliance relating to sites under their control, taking action or escalating any issues relating to non-compliance
- Carry out property inspections with a junior member of the team
- Responsible for ensuring that all necessary insurance valuations are undertaken
- Responsible for provision of accurate insurance data to broker for renewal
- Responsible for ensuring that all insurance premiums are recharged to tenants
- Responsible for taking the appropriate action in response to any legal notice received in relation to a managed property
- Responsible for preparing data for client meetings in conjunction with their line manager
- Attending client meetings, ensure recording of minutes and carrying out of actions arising
- Reading of leases and ensure accurate data is maintained on the property management system
- Ensure rent demands are raised accurately and on time
- Ensure credit control targets are met
- Ensure client reports are prepared to the correct specifications and issued to clients in accordance with agreed timescales, subject to approval by line manager as required
- Ensure all fee invoices are raised in accordance with contracts and paid promptly
- Review and approve service charge budgets
- Review service charge cash flow and budget regularly
- Approve service charge reconciliations
- Identify and progress opportunities for cross selling activities
- Responsible for arranging and chairing tenant meetings, including a junior member of the team
- Ensure recording of minutes for tenant meetings and carrying out of actions arising
- Take appropriate action for all forthcoming diary events
- Identify opportunities for providing additional services to clients and put proposals to line manager
- Review tenant applications and prepare client recommendations for approval by line manager
- Be fully conversant with, and adhere to, the rules and procedures contained in the Company’s FSA Insurance Business Compliance Manual
- Responsible for managing junior members of the team and for ensuring the delivery of an efficient Property Management Service to both Clients and Tenants as part of the wider Team
- Constantly updating knowledge of legislation relating to property management
- Able to build and maintain client relationships
- Use knowledge of law relating to property management in order to make recommendations to the client
- Understand the clients’ investment objectives
- Be able to recognise opportunities for selling additional services to clients, including cross selling
- Able to build and maintain tenant/customer relationships
- Understand the principles of lease structure and be able to read a lease
- Be able to apply legal principles of tenant applications for consent and process to be followed
- Apply the principles of service charge management to ensure compliance with all regulatory and procedural requirements
- Understand VAT, banking and credit control methods
- Understand and apply all company procedures relating to work activities
- Able to use IT software such as Word, Excel, and databases
- Understand and use industry/specific IT applications
- Able to contribute to team and department’s business plan
- Able to delegate, supervise and develop junior team members
- Able to work as part of the company team, supporting other team members and recognising the work of others
Desired Knowledge, Skills and Experience
- MRICS Qualified
- Minimum 3 years PQE within Asset/Property Management
- High degree of commerciality and experience of development business with existing clients
- Experience within a professional services environment and working with blue-chip companies
- Excellent communication and client interfacing skills
- Ability to work under pressure
- High attention to detail
My client offers real scope for career development for a dedicated, professional and enthusiastic individual with a strong work ethic who wants to join one of the market leaders.
If you wish to apply for this position, please email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org or call Andrew Kingsley MRICS on T: 0113 887 2170 or M: 07879 413 765 for further information.
If you are seeking a career move but this position is not right for you please get in touch or browse our website. We are specialists in Asset Management Recruitment and have a range of posts available. We also welcome speculative applications.
Kingsley are property recruitment specialists.