Up to £22k, dependant on experience
3 months ago
We are looking for an experienced Paralegal to assist fee earners with existing caseloads specializing in claims on behalf of Claimants for sexual and physical abuse.
The successful candidate will be responsible for assisting the fee earners in the team. Previous experience in abuse work would be preferred.
- Knowledge of Personal Injury work in the area of abuse cases is preferred
- To assist the fee earners to conduct a caseload of matters on behalf of clients as directed and in accordance with the Firm’s file management and supervisory policy
- To maintain a diary and bring up entries in accordance with the firm procedures
- To work with a case management system, databases and normal office IT systems, including the firm’s HR, L&D and recruitment tools
- Knowledge of relevant Court forms and procedures is preferred
- Participation in the development, marketing and success of the Abuse department
Experience / Knowledge / Qualifications
- Experience in abuse compensation would be preferred, but such areas as RTA, Industrial Disease, or clinical negligence would also be relevant.
- Emotional balance and strength and able to show empathy with the victims of abuse is essential.
- A friendly and co-operative approach to clients and colleagues/department members
- An interest and enthusiasm for business development and marketing
- Knowledge and understanding of Personal Injury work and the law of Limitation
- Excellent IT skills
- Good knowledge and understanding of procedures and protocol.
- Strong interpersonal skills
- The ability to deal with individuals from all walks of life
- The ability to provide the highest standards of client care
- A commitment to equal opportunities and diversity
Apply now using the link and uploading your up to date CV or
Contact Kathryn@kingsleyrecruitment.co.uk or call for a confidential discussion - 0151 242 1630 / 07858 388 799