An exciting opportunity has arisen for an experienced CLAIMS HANDLER with one of our Specialist Defendant Insurance Practices in their Manchester City Centre offices.
To pro-actively handle technical and complex Third-Party injury cases in an efficient and effective manner in order to achieve business objectives and meet the defined customer service proposition.
The firm works with Insurance Companies, Corporate and Public Sector.
- Contribute to the delivery of the key performance targets
- Handle and resolve complex technical cases or referrals and/or complaints
- Gather and accurately analyse information
- Take proactive steps to effectively deal with claimants’ solicitors
- Follow agreed processes, policies and procedures to ensure quality and service standards are met
- Have an excellent phone manner, great customer service skills and ability to communicate effectively
- A minimum of 12 months experience of working within a Legal/Insurance environment handling RTA/EL/PL third party injury claims
- Knowledge/experience of claims handling with a case management system
- Understanding of damages awards
- Good understanding of Personal Injury pre-action protocol and claims procedures, products and services
- Takes the initiative to ensure that problems are resolved quickly
In return they offer
- Salary commensurate with experience, up to £22k
- City centre location with excellent transport links
- Clear career path and defined promotional opportunities
- Structured training plan upon start
- Spacious offices with amazing views of Manchester
- Excellent facilities, free tea & coffee
- Pension scheme
- 25 days paid holiday
If you are interested in this role and would like to discuss your availability for interview, call me today on 0151 242 1630 / 07858 388 799 or alternatively, email your cv to