Upto £60,000+ Plus Generous Car Allowance & Benefits
3 months ago
The Role & Company Profile:
Our client is a significant surveying consultancy, looking to recruit a Commercial Development Surveyor at Associate Director or Director level, within the Development Consultancy team, which is responsible for providing Land Agency and Development Consultancy, across the UK.
The role shall be to provide advice to both public and private sector clients from the Manchester office, working alongside our clients’ various professional, agency and investment teams.
As well as disposals of land & development opportunities, the team is closely involved with the delivery of mixed use development, strategic land promotion and inner-city regeneration, providing a full national agency and development service to landowners, both public and private sector, and to developers. The team is also a leading advisor on development viability to developers and landowners in support of planning negotiations.
The work will include the provision of general and strategic advice on land & development opportunities across the North West region.
The role will offer the right candidate an excellent career opportunity to work within a busy and successful team that is seen as market leaders, combining with a network of national offices and specialists from all aspects of the development cycle.
Desired or preferred knowledge, skills and experience for this role include, but are not limited to the following:
- Previous experience as a Commercial Development Surveyor – 5+ years;
- RICS qualified;
- Commercial Property Agency experience across all sectors;
- Good knowledge of the Planning system;
- Pro-active approach to sourcing development opportunities;
- You will have a good network of contacts and demonstrate an ability to bring new work into the business;
- Experience of Development Appraisal Software including Argus Developer;
- Excellent communication skills and comfortable at presenting to clients;
- Leadership and Risk Management skills;
- Creative skills and an ability to lead from the front;
- An understanding of Public Sector requirements;
- Experience in both Public and Private Sector Acquisitions and Disposals;
- Excellent experience of communication and client interfacing skills;
- Excellent presentation & negotiation skills as a leading ambassador for the company in the region;
- Good IT skills;
- Viability and Appraisal experience with Excel/Prodev/Argus Developer;
- Achieve new instructions through competitive tender processes;
- Support and lead on existing contracts;
- To provide advice on local and national markets;
- To achieve/help to financial targets;
- To have a good knowledge and experience of marketing land and development schemes – to include all aspects of due diligence investigations and marketing requirements;
- To support and assist on large procurement/regeneration projects;
- To research and produce strategic property reports.
- £40,000 to £60,000 + (DOE)
- Generous car allowance
- Life ssurance
- Generous holidays
- Staff Profit Share
- Private medical cover
This is an ideal opportunity for an ambitious and motivated individual to join and lead within this specialist and successful team. You should be commercially focused, have an excellent track record of delivery and be happy working both independently and as part of the team.
My client offers real scope for career development for a dedicated, professional and enthusiastic individual with a strong work ethic who wants to join one of the market leaders. If you wish to apply for this position, please contact or email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org or call Andrew Kingsley in confidence on 0161 393 9889 for further information.