Overall Purpose of the Job
An excellent opportunity has arisen for an experienced and enthusiastic CPO Surveyor (Senior/Associate level), to join our market leading client’s Compulsory Purchase team.
The current team of highly experienced professionals has robust knowledge of property and valuation which means they can offer strategic advice on all types of schemes and projects.
Our client has worked on major infrastructure projects (roads and railways), town centre redevelopment schemes; regenerations schemes and have worked with energy and utility companies.
The successful candidate will provide clear compulsory purchase advice to guide acquiring authorities, developers and those affected by compulsory purchase throughout the process.
The role frequently involves drawing together and coordinating advice from other teams within the business, or other members of the client team.
This individual will be involved in site assembly and compulsory purchase projects from conception through order promotion to taking possession and negotiating compensation.
The ideal candidate will ideally be a qualified surveyor; with previous experience of land assembly and compulsory purchase for a range of projects.
- Preparing estimates of compensation payable
- Advising on compulsory purchase process and procedure/timescales
- Pre-Order site assembly negotiations
- Assessing and agreeing compensation claims on behalf of acquiring authority
- Preparing and negotiating compensation claims on behalf of claimants
- Working with development, planning, financial consulting and other teams to deliver integrated client advice
- Assisting with Lands Tribunal and Public Inquiry preparation as required
- Managing clients / projects (dependant on experience)
- The ideal candidate will be a Chartered Surveyor (MRICS) and must possess and/or be able to demonstrate:
- Experience or an interest in compulsory purchase work
- Wider planning/development/valuation experience preferred
- RICS Registered Valuer would be an advantage
- Strong analytical, numerical and problem-solving skills
- Highly developed communicator with the ability to make a good first impression
- Resilient, adaptable and above all, keen and enthusiastic with a hunger to learn and diversify
- A team player
- Ability to work under pressure and to tight deadlines
- Confident to meet, network and socialise with potential and existing clients
- Good report writing and presentation skills
Our client is committed to growing and developing the long-term strategy of the business as a leading real estate and real estate related service provider.
There is every opportunity therefore to progress rapidly in an organisation, which prides itself on innovative thinking. The role offers a wide range of future career opportunities with an enormous depth of expertise to learn and benefit from.
There is significant opportunity for an aspirational individual to be influential at a senior level in the wider organisation
My client offers real scope for career development for a dedicated, professional and enthusiastic individual with a strong work ethic who wants to join one of the market leaders.
If you wish to apply for this position, please email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org or call Andrew Kingsley MRICS on 0203 817 7030 for further information.