My Client is a large, national commercial Firm with an overseas offering. They are seeking a solicitor 2-3 years pqe to join their expanding and successful national construction team. Based in Manchester, this role will involve a mixture of non-contentious and contentious construction work.
You will join an experienced Team and will be supported in the role by both colleagues and the Partner heading the Team. The Client has a history of retaining good quality employees and this is achieved by nurturing and helping employees to develop within their role becoming successful in their chosen career. You will be given a good level of responsibility from the outset and exposure to good quality work whilst regularly attending Client meetings.
The Team acts for a wide range of clients including end users, funders, employers, main contractors, sub-contractors and consultants. The caseload currently includes the following:
Non Contentious: -
- Drafting construction contracts, subcontracts, consultants appointments, collateral warranties, parent company guarantees, performance bonds and other project documents;
- Managing the progress of development and completion of documents;
- Negotiating an agreeing final forms of all construction documents, including performance bonds for large projects, construction contracts, consultant appointments and collateral warranties;
- Administering the engrossment, distribution for execution and the process of completion of project documents; and
- Drafting project specific reports on documentation for completion;
- Reviewing and analysing all ranges of claims documentation from small to multi-million pound claims;
- Assisting with adjudications from the crystallisation of disputes, through to drafting submissions, collating evidence and taking witness statements;
- Assisting with High Court litigation from pre-action investigation stages of claims right through to trial;
- Deal with numerous queries on live projects for and on behalf of a whole range of commercial clients; and
- Dealing with Bond claims and advising on Bond wording for and on behalf of all of the UK’s surety providers.
My Client is keen to speak to construction lawyers who have the drive and determination to succeed and who possess the following attributes:
- A strong team work ethic
- Outgoing disposition and “can do” attitude
- Drive, commitment and self-motivation
- Ability to work well as part of a team
- Strong interpersonal skills and confident manner with the ability to relate to people at all levels
- Ability to work effectively under pressure