11 months ago
Kingsley are working with a well-respected and highly regarded Law firm based in Liverpool who are looking for a Cost Draftsperson to join their Costs department.
The company has a variety of notable, high-profile clients, including leading insurers. It is recognized within the personal-injury industry to be one of the best and continues to win new business from its competitors.
On offer is a very competitive salary and benefits package, which is negotiable, depending upon your previous experience.
The firm is offering a rewarding benefits package that includes 20 days’ holiday + bank holidays, healthcare cash plan, pension, childcare vouchers and season ticket loan for travel.
My client is a Top 50 Law firm, who are one of the leading providers of claims-related services to insurers, businesses and other suppliers to the insurance sector. The firm work with high profile clients and they continue to win more!
This opportunity will be working within its highly regarded and well experienced Costs team in Liverpool.
As a Costs Draftsperson, you will manage your own mixed complex, high value multi-track costs caseload which will predominately include RTA and EL/PL matters. However, there will also be scope to gain exposure to Clinical Negligence, Professional Indemnity, Marine and Abuse costs work also. Your main responsibilities will include:
- Reviewing files & formulating initial costs strategy
- Identifying strengths and weaknesses and preparing relevant documents to reflect this
- Provide comprehensive advice to clients
- Commence early telephone negotiations with other side
- Dealing with correspondence and telephone calls
- Drafting Points of Dispute and considering replies
- Settling costs
- Instruct Counsel or Costs Lawyer to attend Detailed Assessment or alternatively conduct own advocacy
- Ensure compliance with the SRA Code of Conduct 2011
You will have previous proven experience as a Costs Draftsperson and will be confident in drafting points of dispute and considering replies. You will have a solid understanding of the Detailed Assessment process, Cost Case Laws and Insurance Litigation practice & process.
If you are interested in knowing much more about this exciting role, please do get in touch as soon as possible as the closing date for this role is fast approaching. If this role is not suitable for you, I have many other exciting opportunities so please feel free to get in touch.