An excellent opportunity has arisen for an experienced and enthusiastic CPO Surveyor, to join a leading, established and reputable property consultancy in Manchester.
The role requires a qualified surveyor with experience of land assembly and compulsory purchase for a range of projects, the wider development and property markets and understanding of the legal framework within which compulsory purchase is used.
This person will provide clear compulsory purchase advice to guide acquiring authorities, developers and those affected by compulsory purchase throughout the process. The role frequently involves drawing together and coordinating advice from other teams within the Firm, or other members of the client team.
This individual will be involved in site assembly and compulsory purchase projects from conception through order promotion to taking possession and negotiating compensation.
· Preparing estimates of compensation payable
· Advising on compulsory purchase process and procedure/timescales
· Pre-Order site assembly negotiations
· Assessing and agreeing compensation claims on behalf of acquiring authority
· Preparing and negotiating compensation claims on behalf of claimants
· Working with development, planning, financial consulting and other teams to deliver integrated client advice
· Assisting with Lands Tribunal and Public Inquiry preparation as required
· Managing clients/projects (dependent on experience)
The CPO Surveyor will be expected to build and maintain good relationships with clients, and a network of other professionals involved in compulsory purchase.
Key Attributes and Qualifications:
The successful candidate will be a Chartered Surveyor (MRICS/FRICS) and must possess and/or be able to demonstrate:
· Experience of compulsory purchase work
· Good written and verbal communication skills
· Good presentation skills
· Numerate and analytical
· Strong influencing, persuading and negotiation skills
· Problem solving / ‘Can-do’ attitude
· Wider planning/development/valuation experience preferred
· RICS Registered Valuer helpful
· Competitive Salary, depending on experience
· Car Allowance
· Company Benefits
· Excellent potential of career progression with a NW market leader
To apply for this position, please contact Andrew Kingsley on 07879 413 765 or email a copy of your latest CV to email@example.com quoting the position and reference for this role.
Please feel free to forward this advert to any friends or colleagues who you think may be interested. A large number of our previously successful candidates have initially been made aware of their next career opportunity by a close acquaintance.