Our client has been managing, developing and disposing of property assets for over 20 years, in particular, assets associated with major infrastructure projects.
Their positioning being between public & private sector and their extensive commercial and development experience enables our client to work effectively with both private sector developers and other public bodies to ensure best value is delivered.
They are driving forward more world class regeneration projects, delivering homes as well as creating new destinations where people want to live, work and visit.
Tasks & Activities
- Use imagination, flair and negotiating skills to overcome challenges and create consensus, drive and commercial/technical aptitude to maintain momentum and enhance/protect value. Whilst taking a long-term strategic view, dynamically seek and seize fleeting opportunities.
- Ensure the delivery of financial and other targets, managing expenditure within agreed budgets. Where tasks are outsourced, managing the procurement and performance of consultants and contractors to achieve value for money.
- Assist in the formulation of policy and the prioritisation of expenditure, assisting in the creation of the LCR Business Plan and setting of Team Budgets. Liaise with estate management and finance colleagues
- to maintain smooth business practices. Authorise transactions within own delegated authority and ensure that powers delegated to consultants are responsibly actioned.
- Manage reporting and approval regime, at project, company and DfT levels, including preparation of progress reports and Business cases.
- Assist in management of the company/DfT interface with respect to property issues, providing or procuring professional advice as required, and dealing with transactions relating to operational property.
- Provide professional input to all business development activities, including research, report writing, presentations etc.
- Assist in other areas of the business as required.
Knowledge & Skills required
- Educated to degree level in Surveying or similar/ equivalent qualification
- Recently qualified MRICS Chartered Surveyor (0 – 2 years qualified) or similar/ equivalent qualification
- Demonstrable commercial acumen particularly in relation to property development, regeneration and management of multiple teams and project resources.
- Knowledge of practices within local government, and public-private delivery partnerships.
- Of particular relevance is:
- Commercial negotiations
- Property development
- Land assembly
- Associated Law
- Proven skills in analysis and problem solving.
- Proven ability in co-ordinating and delivering complex programmes to defined milestones.
- High level of oral and written communication skill.
- Ability to liaise and influence effectively at all levels.
- An excellent ability to quickly form trusted working relationships to maintain effective working and delivery of outputs and milestones.
- Ability to work on multiple projects
- Experienced in development appraisals (Argus)
Salary & Benefits: Highly Competitive, Subject to Experience
- Circa £45,000 salary, per annum.
- Excellent final salary pension scheme with a company contribution of £18%
- Bonus of between 10 – 15% of base salary
- 26 days holiday per annum
- Flexibility in terms of working from home as well as in an office environment