Kingsley is retained by a UK based Property Development Company who specialise in Residential, Student and Mixed-Use development.
Through stand-alone and mixed-use schemes and an expanding portfolio throughout the UK, the company has a growing interest in Manchester, London and Birmingham and is looking to expand on this in the years ahead.
The Position & Team
Our client is looking to appoint an experienced Development Surveyor who shall have relevant client-side property development experience of the whole development process as well as a solid network of industry contacts within such areas as commercial property agency, architecture, QS, PM, etc.
You shall be responsible for:
- Sourcing & evaluating development sites/opportunities, conduct research and present the information to allow informed decisions to be made
- Financial appraisal of opportunities, including scenario modelling and provide clearly written reports & analysis of development opportunities, plus new site acquisitions
- Site/land acquisition, including relevant associated legal work
- Progressing commercial development schemes throughout the regions
- Working towards enhancing the value in land and property assets
- Working with clients & occupiers throughout the feasibility, design and legal stages
- Securing planning consents
- Concluding all pre-construction negotiations and ensuring successful delivery throughout the construction phase
- Work closely with funding partners during both feasibility stages and during project delivery
The successful candidate will have the following attributes:
- MRICS preferred, but not essential for more experienced candidates
- Proven experience within a similar client-side role although strong consultancy candidates may also be considered, on their individual merits
- Well-connected within the regional property arena
- Strong knowledge of regional commercial property markets
- Leadership/Management qualities
- High level of IT literacy
- Proactive, confident with excellent communication skills
- Able to work within a team and your own initiative
- Able to handle a number of tasks simultaneously
- Commercially awareness with the ability to identify opportunities
Salary & Benefits: Competitive, Subject to Experience
All direct Third-Party Applications, via individuals, agencies etc., shall be forwarded to Kingsley and treated as an introduction to kingsley.