£37,500 Per Annum
2 months ago
My client is a leading property consultant providing a comprehensive range of property solutions to UK and international owners, occupiers, investors, lenders and developers. Our client’s teams work together to provide a full range of property-related services including agency, planning and urban regeneration, development, building consultancy, investment, property management, project management, valuation, business rates, lease renewals and rent reviews.
Our clients’ culture is highly professional, and the successful individual shall enjoy responding to challenges, be excited by meeting the toughest targets and relish working at the leading edge. The firm places a strong emphasis on training and educating staff including drawing up personal development plans and offering in depth appraisals. My client will support career progression through development programmes and experience gained.
The Land & Development team is looking urgently for two surveyors to support existing workstreams. The work will be focused on London and the South East and will cover both residential land/development agency, consultancy and viability analysis.
As part of the role, you will be expected to liaise/collaborate closely with other teams, including planning and marketing and will be responsible for coordinating marketing of various properties simultaneously.
Good Microsoft office skills and a working knowledge of Prodev and Argus Developer is important, preferably with development appraisal experience. You should be comfortable running residual appraisals without supervision and have good writing skills.
You will need to be competent in putting together pitches and presentations as part of a project team. Geographical knowledge of London and the South East would also be preferred, but not vital. You will be expected to carry out instructions efficiently and with a high degree of independence where required. Project management skills would be beneficial.
You will be expected to attend networking events on behalf of the team and to liaise with clients and developers on a regular basis.
A working knowledge of the planning system for residential led development would also be highly beneficial.
We are therefore offering an excellent opportunity to gain a broad range of development and agency experience. We encourage direct contact with clients and expect team members to act as ambassadors of the firm at all times and to identify, pursue and win new business opportunities.
Main Duties & Responsibilities will include:
- To market and dispose of land and development opportunities;
- Evaluate/appraise development opportunities, undertaking full market review;
- To work independently within a team context;
- To work efficiently to maximise profitability;
- To observe and implement internal procedures to include Quality Assurance, Health and Safety Environmental, IS security and all other policies;
- To observe regulatory requirements relating to the marketing of property;
- To demonstrate good market knowledge of the areas and sectors you are active in;
- To be open to involvement in new areas of work;
- To identify opportunities for business growth and help grow the business;
- To support graduate team members in their APC preparations;
- RICS qualification; (preferred but not essential)
- A track record in preparing development appraisals;
- A track record in preparing pitches and presentations;
- A track record in working within a project team;
- Marketing property experience preferable;
- Good residential property market and wider economic and business knowledge;
- IT literate in Microsoft Office, Excel, Powerpoint, Prodev and Argus Developer;
- Excellent report writing skills;
- Strong organisational and communication skills;
- Social skills when networking and entertaining clients.
- Up to £37,500 basic salary, DOE
- Car Allowance up to £4,655 dependent upon level
- Generous Holiday Allowance
- Life assurance - 3 x salary 25 days holiday
- Staff Profit Share (discretionary bonus)
- Private medical cover
- Income protection insurance 50% of base salary
- Season ticket loan
- Option to choose from a range of benefits to suit such as Gymflex, Childcare Vouchers, Cycle to work, Dental insurance and more.
My client offers real scope for career development for a dedicated, professional and enthusiastic individuals with a strong work ethic.