My client is a leading property consultant providing a comprehensive range of property solutions to UK and international owners, occupiers, investors, lenders and developers. Our client’s teams work together to provide a full range of property-related services including agency, planning and urban regeneration, development, building consultancy, investment, property management, project management, valuation, business rates, lease renewals and rent reviews.
Our clients’ culture is highly professional, and the successful individual shall enjoy responding to challenges, be excited by meeting the toughest targets and relish working at the leading edge. The firm places a strong emphasis on training and educating staff including drawing up personal development plans and offering in depth appraisals. My client will support career progression through development programmes and experience gained.
The positions are within the Development Consultancy team within the Planning, Development and Regeneration business unit.
The team provides development consulting and agency related advice in connection with a wide range of development projects across, primarily the residential and mixed-use sites. Projects are frequently large and complex in their nature, and invariably require cross-team support including working with in-house Real Estate Finance, Regeneration & Spatial Planning, Compulsory Purchase and Planning teams, as well as the wider agency and advisory teams.
The vast majority of the team’s clients are public sector, principally local government or government agencies, although an increasing share of work is sourced from private sector clients looking to undertake development projects in partnership with the public sector.
The team is widely considered in the market as being one of the top strategic development advisors for major development projects.
The role requires a qualified surveyor with experience of development appraisal, development advisory, legal agreements, EU compliant partner procurement, acquisition and disposal work.
Working as part of this highly regarded team, you will principally take responsibility supporting the Directors to deliver projects by:
- Undertaking development and financial appraisals of mixed-tenure and mixed-use development sites;
- Working with financial analysts, helping to structure and providing inputs into financial models;
- Assisting in providing strategic advice on different forms of delivery structures including development agreements and joint ventures;
- Assisting with and managing OJEU partner procurement processes on major residential-led mixed-use projects;
- Advising Local Authorities, developers and landowners on affordable housing and S106 viability issues;
- Preparing formal reports and valuations endorsing the terms of sale/purchase;
- Liaison with Local Authorities, developers and private landowners;
- Building strong and trusted client relationships;
- Assisting the Directors with winning new business; and
- Co-ordinating sub-consultants in the provision of technical survey and consultancy advice to support residential-led mixed-use projects.
The roles offer an exciting breadth of advisory work and frequently involves drawing together and coordinating advice from other business units across the Firm as necessary.
Main Duties and Responsibilities will include:
The individuals will assist the team, including Directors, in advising public and private clients on how to achieve their aims, whilst at the same time ensuring that their strategy moves forward in both a realistic and responsible manner. They will be involved in delivering often high-profile, major mixed-use development projects from conception through to delivery.
- Reporting into Directors within the Development team on a project-by-project basis;
- Helping manage graduate and newly qualified surveyors to deliver against specific project and client objectives;
- Assist with mentoring junior staff including helping guide career development;
- Cross-selling a range of consultancy and agency services to clients;
- Identifying and sourcing/securing new business;
- As part of the wider team, contributing to the delivery of large-scale regeneration and mixed-use development projects;
- Promoting activities and experience within the business;
- Working closely with in-house Real Estate Finance team on instructions requiring bespoke financial modelling and/or finance structuring;
- Constructing and interpreting complex development appraisals; and
- Preparing formal reports and valuations endorsing the terms of sale/purchase/development.
Required Skills and Experience
The successful candidate will be a Chartered Surveyor with at least 3-4 years post-qualified experience. They must possess and/or be able to demonstrate:
- Personal drive and ambition;
- Good written and verbal communication skills;
- Good presentation skills;
- Numerate and analytical;
- Experience of residual appraisals and cashflows;
- Knowledge of affordable housing;
- Knowledge of development partner selection exercises including OJEU procurement;
- Strong influencing, persuading and negotiation skills;
- An eye for business development and client relationship management; and
- Ideally will be a RICS Registered Valuer.
- Up to £60,000 basic salary, DOE
- Car Allowance up to £6,099 dependent upon level
- Generous Holiday Allowance
- Life assurance - 3 x salary 25 days holiday
- Staff Profit Share (discretionary bonus)
- Private medical cover
- Income protection insurance 50% of base salary
- Season ticket loan
- Option to choose from a range of benefits to suit such as Gymflex, Childcare Vouchers, Cycle to work, Dental insurance and more.
My client offers real scope for career development for a dedicated, professional and enthusiastic individuals with a strong work ethic.