Thank you for your interest - this position has now been filled, but if you are interested in similar roles get in touch and we should be able to find something for you.
The Role & Company Profile
Our client is a significant surveying consultancy, looking to recruit a Director of Development to join the National Development team, which is responsible for providing Land Agency and Development Consultancy across the UK.
As well as disposals of opportunities, the team is closely involved with the delivery of mixed use development, strategic land promotion and inner-city regeneration providing a full national agency and development service to landowners, both public and private sector, and to developers. The team is also a leading advisor on development viability to developers and landowners in support of planning negotiations.
The role will offer the right candidate a great career opportunity to lead a busy and successful team that is seen as market leaders, combining with a network of national offices and specialists from all aspects of the development cycle.
The work will include the provision of general and strategic advice on land and development opportunities across the North West region, primarily for residential and mixed-use schemes.
Primary responsibilities to include:
- Manage an existing successful team;
- Achieve new instructions through competitive tender processes;
- Achieve new instructions through existing contact base;
- Support and lead on existing contracts;
- To provide advice on local and national markets;
- To achieve financial targets;
- To undertake viability analysis;
- To conduct development appraisals;
- To have a good knowledge and experience of marketing land and development schemes – to include all aspects of due diligence investigations and marketing requirements;
- To support and assist on large procurement/regeneration projects;
- To research and produce strategic property reports;
- To provide project management skills;
- To undertake disposals and acquisitions for both public and private sector clients;
- Deliver substantial fee income commensurate with role;
- Provision of sound and profitable advice and transactions to key clients – both public and private sector;
- Play a critical part in the promotion and development of the Development Consultancy dept;
- Provide accurate management information to the National Head of Development Consultancy, as required;
- Develop the skills and potential of the team
This is an ideal opportunity for an ambitious and motivated individual to join and lead this specialist and successful team. You should be commercially focused, have an excellent track record of delivery and be happy working both independently and as part of the team.
Desired or preferred knowledge, skills and experience for this role include, but are not limited to the following:
- Previous experience at an appropriate level within the sector;
- Leadership and Risk management skills;
- Creative skills and an ability to lead from the front;
- An understanding of public sector requirements;
- Experience in both public and private sector acquisitions and disposals;
- Excellent experience of communication and client interfacing skills;
- Excellent presentation & negotiation skills as a leading ambassador for the company in the region;
- Good IT skills;
- Viability and appraisal experience with Excel/Prodev/Argus Developer; and be
- RICS qualified
- Up to £80,000 DOE
- Generous car allowance
- Life assurance
- Generous holidays
- Staff Profit Share
- Private medical cover