up to £37,000
3 months ago
NEW exciting opportunity for an ELPL LITIGATOR/SOLICITOR/CiLEX/ Fee Earner to join a Manchester-based, forward-thinking law firm who specialise in many areas of the law including commercial, personal injury, family, wills & probate and financial. The role is a available in both Liverpool and Manchester.
They boast a truly national and international client base, handling cases for clients based both throughout the UK and abroad. They currently have 70 employees and are growing at a rapid rate. Due to this growth, they are now looking to add to their successful PI/ RTA team with this opening.
The Personal Injury Solicitor or Legal Executive will join a small team of Fee Earners managing Fast Track matters to conclusion within our busy EL/PL Department. Caseloads will consist of an interesting and complex mix of Fast Track - High Value EL/PL matters. Fee Earners will manage pre and post litigated files and should be confident in all aspects of litigation.
- Handle a full caseload of EL/PL Fast Track Litigated and Pre-Litigated matters including:
- Undertake discussions and negotiations with Insured, Insurer and Third-Party Solicitors to pursue the rapid and appropriate settlement of cases and the apportionment of costs
- Undertake Court Telephone Hearings to ensure progress is maximised and all actions have been undertaken to bring the case to settlement
- Timely and accurate maintenance of all case management, billing and management information systems to ensure completeness of records and aid business decision making
- Allocate funds to the appropriate client accounts as per agreed procedures to ensure the client and the firm receive appropriate payments
- Delegation of tasks where available and appropriate to other members of the team and assistants
- Dealing with correspondence and telephone calls
- Undertaking periodic reviews of files in line with Client requirements
- Updating reports
- Meeting agreed performance targets
- Ensuring files are kept within ISO 9001 guidelines
- Provide written updates by email or letter to clients detailing case activity to ensure that they receive up to date and accurate information about progress when requested
- Ensure compliance with the SRA Code of Conduct 2011
In return they offer an attractive package, including:
- A highly competitive salary of up to £37k - negotiable dependent on experience
- Excellent potential for career progression
- 28 days annual leave
- Flexible working hours
- Time off in lieu
- Opportunity to accrue 5 extra days of annual leave per year
- Time off for birthday
- Free parking
Candidates ideally must have a minimum of 18 months’ similar claimant experience and be able to demonstrate the equivalent level of skills/ competencies within a similar role within a firm.
Contact firstname.lastname@example.org or 0151 242 1630 / 07858 388 799