Thank you for your interest - this position has now been filled, but if you are interested in similar roles get in touch and we should be able to find something for you.
NEW exciting opportunity for an ELPL LITIGATOR/SOLICITOR/CiLEX/ Fee Earner to join a Manchester-based, forward-thinking law firm who specialise in many areas of the law including commercial, personal injury, family, wills & probate and financial. The role is a available in both Liverpool and Manchester.
They boast a truly national and international client base, handling cases for clients based both throughout the UK and abroad. They currently have 70 employees and are growing at a rapid rate. Due to this growth, they are now looking to add to their successful PI/ RTA team with this opening.
The Personal Injury Solicitor or Legal Executive will join a small team of Fee Earners managing Fast Track matters to conclusion within our busy EL/PL Department. Caseloads will consist of an interesting and complex mix of Fast Track - High Value EL/PL matters. Fee Earners will manage pre and post litigated files and should be confident in all aspects of litigation.
- Handle a full caseload of EL/PL Fast Track Litigated and Pre-Litigated matters including:
- Undertake discussions and negotiations with Insured, Insurer and Third-Party Solicitors to pursue the rapid and appropriate settlement of cases and the apportionment of costs
- Undertake Court Telephone Hearings to ensure progress is maximised and all actions have been undertaken to bring the case to settlement
- Timely and accurate maintenance of all case management, billing and management information systems to ensure completeness of records and aid business decision making
- Allocate funds to the appropriate client accounts as per agreed procedures to ensure the client and the firm receive appropriate payments
- Delegation of tasks where available and appropriate to other members of the team and assistants
- Dealing with correspondence and telephone calls
- Undertaking periodic reviews of files in line with Client requirements
- Updating reports
- Meeting agreed performance targets
- Ensuring files are kept within ISO 9001 guidelines
- Provide written updates by email or letter to clients detailing case activity to ensure that they receive up to date and accurate information about progress when requested
- Ensure compliance with the SRA Code of Conduct 2011
In return they offer an attractive package, including:
- A highly competitive salary of up to £37k - negotiable dependent on experience
- Excellent potential for career progression
- 28 days annual leave
- Flexible working hours
- Time off in lieu
- Opportunity to accrue 5 extra days of annual leave per year
- Time off for birthday
- Free parking
Candidates ideally must have a minimum of 18 months’ similar claimant experience and be able to demonstrate the equivalent level of skills/ competencies within a similar role within a firm.
Contact email@example.com or 0151 242 1630 / 07858 388 799