Employment Law & HR
£30,000 to £40,000 dependant on experience plus excellent benefits
5 months ago
My Client is a top Legal 500 Corporate and Commercial Practice on the outskirts of Manchester. Recognised for their professionalism and first class service to Clients, they are looking to add an Employment Solicitor 2-4 yrs pqe to their already successful Employment Team. The successful Candidate will enjoy an excellent salary, benefits and work life balance. My Client operates a true meritocracy and progression is available for those who are committed to progressing their career by working hard and possessing good business acumen!
To provide advice on a wide range of employment matters.
MAIN DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Deliver legal support across a wide range of employment matters including equality and discrimination; disciplinary and grievance issues; reorganisations and redundancies; settlement agreements; restrictive covenants; TUPE and managing Tribunal claims.
- Draft, negotiate and interpret contracts, agreements and policies and procedures.
- Give accurate prompt, realistic and relevant advice in response to clients’ enquiries whilst managing their expectations.
- Gain an understanding of clients’ requirements and how to achieve their needs.
- Develop and maintain strong relationships with clients.
- Assist in the preparation of seminars and workshops and present at such events.
- Actively work to convert enquiries into new matters.
- Support senior fee earners with marketing opportunities, including; writing blogs and press releases, and to be pro-active in networking and business development.
- Ensure proper file management.
- Ensure all time recording is accurate.
- Ensure billing is completed to agreed timescales.
- Maintain confidentiality in line with the firm’s policies and procedures; including dealing with confidential documents.
- Keep abreast of changes in legislation, case law and carry out legal research.
- Promote and comply with legislation and The Firm's policies on equal opportunities and health and safety both in the delivery of services and the treatment of others.
- Identify and undertake training and development as required in order to meet personal, SRA and business needs.
- Undertake any other reasonable duties, commensurate with the level of the post so as to ensure the efficient running of the Firm.
If you would like to discuss the role in more detail and learn more about the Firm itself please call me on 0161 393 9889 or 07539 244484 out of hours. Alternatively, please email me a good time to call you with a snapshot of your experience. All contact is entirely confidential - email@example.com