Up to £45,000
10 months ago
Kingsley are working with a London based private investment company with over 1,300 properties under in-house management. We are looking for a Facilities Manager to join their in-house property management team, based at their Islington head office.
As part of the role, you will be required to deliver an appropriate property and facilities service to Pearl & Coutts and their tenants and customers in accordance with best industry practice, the contract terms and statutory requirements. You will manage the on-site building managers and staff in the delivery of the facilities management service, working as part of the Commercial Property Management team, working alongside both the accounting, letting team and legal team members. You will be required to attend client, contractor and tenants’ meetings in connection with all aspects of the day to day property management role.
You will be required to undertake the facilities management role in connection with a number of multi-occupied mixed-use properties, both in the London area and Nationwide. As part of the role, you will be responsible for the preparation of the service charge budgets, assisting in preparation of financial forecasts and annual maintenance expenditure and ensuring compliance with the company’s Health and Safety Policy. You will be responsible for the procurement of service contractors to undertake and perform maintenance and contract duties required, assisting in streamlining invoices from contractors and approve all invoices within the given authority limits. You will also supervise on-site staff and liaise with tenants on all matters, including common areas and tenant’s accommodation.
Knowledge & Experience
- Experience of interpreting lease clauses, liabilities and obligations
- Experienced in the setting up of new management instructions, with particular regard to multi-occupied service charge properties, including apportioning service charge liabilities, reviewing and setting service charge budgets
- A good understanding of property management accounts functions, including credit control, dealing with general tenant service charge queries and enquiries
- Previous commercial Property/Facilities management experience in multi-tenanted multi-site portfolios
- IOSH or NEBOSH Certificated preferable
- Experienced in reading leases and legal documents and interpreting repairing and maintenance responsibilities and liabilities.
- Hands on flexible and practical approach to Property and Facilities Management
- Experience in Property Management computer software, preferably Horizon
- A team player
- Good communication skills at all levels with ability to present the company in a professional manner
- Experience with the Meridan Health and Safety Database would be preferable or similar systems
- Full driving license and own vehicle preferable
Salary & Benefits
A salary of up to £45,000 is available for the successful candidate, coupled with a generous holiday allowance and company benefits such as pension and healthcare.