10 months ago
FirstArk are an established and forward-thinking organisation embarking on a positive and challenging development programme. Following recent changes to our business and the appointment of a new CEO we are now looking to appoint a Group Director of Development.
This challenging and rewarding opportunity comes at an exciting time in FirstArk’s revival, including a newly approved development programme. Our programme will see us deliver over 1800 units across the next 6 years, creating a strong focus and ambition to continued growth across development and sales. The appointment of a Group Director of Development is a vital one, the successful candidate will be a key part of the senior team at FirstArk, giving us the impetus to ensure the ongoing delivery and success of our programme.
Working with the board at a strategic level you will be able to demonstrate leadership, financial acumen and a commercial approach to development. This is a key role in delivering the vision of the development function as well as the wider Group. You will currently hold strong external partnerships with stakeholders and consultants and the ability to grow and nurture internal relationships, ensuring FirstArk are considered as the ‘partner of choice’ for new build development schemes.
It is expected that the successful candidate will be able to demonstrate a successful track record of ;
- Developing and delivering new build housing projects and programmes
- Managing the relationship between the Group and Homes England
- Managing budget and cashflow
- Management of operational teams across Development, Growth and Sales to ensure delivery
- Experience of completing development appraisals
- Understanding of cash forecasting and P&L accounts
- Undertaking a full review of operational productivity
- Appoint and manage external contractors and consultants
- Performance monitoring and management
- Experience of financial appraisal software
It is vital that FirstArk appoint the right person with the right characteristics, it is expected you will be able to give examples of;
- Excellent communication skills
- Strong networker
- Emotional intelligence
- Detailed and process driven
- Hunger to succeed
If you feel you have the skills, experience and appetite to undertake the role and add value to FirstArk, please contact our retained Associate, Mark Noakes, on 07795 978003 or directly at email@example.com
Alternatively, please fill out the below. All third party and internal applications are to be submitted to Mark Noakes.
Application end date: 6th August 2018