£60,000 - £70,000
8 months ago
Our client is one of the largest commercial property companies in the North of England, providing high quality commercial premises to companies across a range of different business sectors. The organisation is investing considerable effort on their product at the moment, developing groundbreaking workspaces that meet the needs of modern business and evolving working practices, whilst always looking for ways to innovate service and create competitive advantage in commercial property.
The business has grown and diversified into new sectors and they have a 1.5 million sq. ft. development pipeline and a property portfolio of approximately £1 billion in value. To support this growth, they are strengthening several teams across the business and as a result have created a new and challenging opportunity for a key individual.
The Position & Team
To help our client achieve this ambition, they require a Group Asset Manager to support the delivery of high quality strategic plans and commercially focused solutions by developing techniques for improving decision making at all levels, within asset management.
As Group Asset Manager, you’ll collaborate with colleagues across the business to drive forward the asset management function with a focus on standardising systems, processes, reporting and driving innovation. You will have visibility and impact to embed initiatives across the organisation and connect all of the divisions together to create a strong, collaborative asset management function.
Whilst you will be an expert, you will also have a natural coaching style, encouraging and empowering colleagues to learn, consider alternative approaches and think more strategically. You will relish specific projects to help reach resolutions, and design new processes and tools that deliver real, tangible results, and challenging matters to facilitate change.
We are looking for an individual to consider issues with a fresh perspective and to look at going beyond the obvious. You will be externally focused and will want to constantly learn and be challenged.
Collectively, the client is a keen innovator, so you must be flexible and open-minded. This is a role which needs high energy whilst balancing curiosity and creativity with delivery, a position that would suit an individual who is an advocate of continuous improvement.
To be considered for this role you must be engaging, vivacious and have gravitas, you must be able to drive change in a matrix environment. As a strategic thinker and thought leader, you will use your influencing skills to provide recommendations to both Board members and Divisional Leads.
The role will be one of all round property asset management strategy and delivery, with key responsibilities being:
- Coordination of projects working with various teams on budget setting and asset plans along with quarterly reporting to board
- Work alongside multiple teams working on a data project to ensure that the information and system supports the shaping of asset management decisions enabling the team to make good, balanced decisions
- Help align services and encourage collaboration across regions.
- Work alongside professional services on revising the approach to valuations and the finance department to assist with the appropriate monitoring of risks/reporting of performance
- Coordinating the delivery of agreed targets set out in the annual asset management plans in line with the financial calendar
- Implementation of training for asset management team on all areas of required development for best practice
- Presentation of opportunities and making of management recommendations to the Director of Asset Management, including supporting information and justification to assist in decision making
- Provide Mentoring & Support to the Asset Management Team
- Ability to challenge individuals, teams, decisions, etc across the portfolio with a high level of energy and enthusiasm.
- Relevant real estate asset and portfolio management experience in office, industrial and retail
- Strong project management and team skills
- Possess a real passion for change that will see you invest in the people around you.
- Good understanding of real estate investment structures and financing arrangements
- Strong analytic skills and the ability to train, supervise and develop junior team members.
- Ability to multi-task
- Proven ability to work under pressure and meet deadline with a commercial and solution-based approach
- Articulate, effective written and verbal communication skills both within the organization and with external parties
- RICS Member/ Fellow with a proven experience in a similar role
Competitive, up to £60,000 based on experience
37.5 hours per week, Monday – Friday