Job Title: Head of Conveyancing Department
Location: Greater Manchester
Reports to: Director
Salary Range (incl. benefits): Up to £55k doe
SCOPE OF THE ROLE
The Head of Department will be responsible for the operational management of the Conveyancing Department.
The role is to develop and run a newly created conveyancing department, within a well-established legal business.
You will encourage, mentor and develop all members of the team to including solicitors/fee earners, paralegals and admin assistants.
You will ensure the team meets its objectives and targets with a view to continuously improve the quality of the team’s work.
They will be responsible for overseeing all stages of the conveyancing process, from instruction to completion
You will have responsibility for the team achieving their objectives, tracking performance daily and exploring how fees can be maximized for the firm.
• Implementation of the firm's plan for the Conveyancing Department
• Manage caseload of mixed conveyancing matters including residential and commercial matters (broad mix of sales/purchases/freehold/leasehold)
• Conducting a regular review of Fee Earner caseload, auditing files to ensure the case is progressing in accordance with the firm's Plan and defined procedures
• Effectively manage enquiries that are raised on a sale or purchase
• Ensure all documents are in place for the registration of the purchase or sale following completion
• Design efficient internal processes within case management system (Proclaim)
• Provide technical guidance to the team.
• Work with the Legal Director to assess trends within the work quality and identify potential work quality issues.
• Liaise with other stakeholders internally and externally as required.
• Maximising the personal development of team members. Working with Head of HR to identifying training needs ensuring that post training evaluation takes place
• Conducting employee appraisals
• Monitoring weekly and monthly financial management information of the team and team members and managing performance of team members against Key Performance Indicators
• Build a caseload of high-quality residential property sales and purchases and will be given the autonomy and support to generate new business and develop the caseload as you see fit.
THE IDEAL CANDIDATE WILL HAVE…
• Experience working with residential and commercial conveyancing processes and procedures
• Extensive knowledge of sales and purchase of leasehold and freehold, re-mortgages and schemes such as Help to Buy and equity sharing arrangements.
• Commercial and residential property knowledge with proven supervisory experience
• Must possess a Law degree and/or be licensed with Council for Licensed Conveyancers (CLC)
• Previous experience in managing a case from a case management system (ideally Proclaim)
• Motivate the teams to work together in the most efficient manner
• Proven track record in adhering to deadlines and exceeding targets, as well as holding high standards of efficiency and time management
• Ability to deliver engaging, informative and well organised presentations
• Able to identify opportunities for improvement and made constructive suggestions for change