£35-£50k basic salary (negotiable dependant on experience) + excellent benefits
7 months ago
Job Title: Heritage Specialist (Town Planning)
Location: West Midlands
Salary: £35-£50k basic salary (negotiable dependant on experience) + excellent benefits
Are you an experienced Heritage Specialist who enjoys working on varied and complex projects? Do you want to work for one of the UK’s leading independent consultancies in the development sector? This is a really exciting opportunity for a Heritage Specialist to develop a career within an award-winning organisation, with their own in house design team they combine local knowledge with nationwide presence. Due to their continuous growth my client are looking for a Heritage Specialist to join their busy, well established team in the West Midlands.
A nationwide consultancy in the development sector, covering the full 360 process from planning through to design and delivery. With multiple offices nationwide and over 200 staff, they are able to combine local knowledge whilst having nationwide presence and offer independent consultancy spanning across public and private sectors. Some of these include; Agriculture, Commercial, Residential, Retail and much more guaranteeing that “no two days are the same”. From major supermarket developments through to world heritage sites this is an exciting opportunity for a Heritage Specialist to be exposed to a variety of challenging and complex projects. As they continue to grow they are looking for ambitious and like minded individuals to help develop the business further, in turn offering rapid career progression for a motivated Heritage Specialist. The company are keen to continue expand organically and geographically through building long lasting business relationships and the development of their talented workforce! They pride their success to the “most valuable asset” - their people.
Some of the recent heritage projects include:
- An affordable housing scheme from an acquired derelict public house in conjunction with the urban and rural planning team
- A major residential development comprising of 1200 dwellings where heritage issues were key working in conjunction with masterplanning to determine infrastructure and discharging conditions
- Grade II listed building conversion for the roll out of a new brasserie
- Cultural Heritage lead on a major UK transport link in conjunction with international organisations
This is just a snippet of the exciting heritage projects you could be getting involved with!
As an experienced Heritage Specialist you are expected to be able to display a thorough knowledge of the historic environment with a core focus on built heritage setting. Ideally you will be IHBC qualified and be able to demonstrate competency in the UK planning system and application of policy. You must possess demonstrable experience in client care and ideally experience of liaising with statutory consultees.
Key tasks include:
- Preparing and managing build heritage assessments, statements of significance, setting assessments and site surveys
- Imputing cultural heritage to all stage of the EIA in support of application for planning permission
- Listed building consent or scheduled monument consent
- Taking the lead on planning applications and site promotions, involvement in appeals when requited
As a core member of the team you will be expected to work independently and as part of a team, in return for your efforts they offer a commitment to “train, guide and lead” in order to meet your career goals.
Struggling to talk during office hours? Email me and we can arrange a convenient time to speak. Don’t have an up to date CV? Don’t panic, just get in touch, we are here to help.