A rare opportunity exists for an experienced fire engineer to work from home. Kingsley has been instructed by one of our clients to recruit 5 Fire risk Assessors, who will provide specialist engineering support to determine that designs submitted by clients meet set criteria, and conduct periodic reviews of construction in progress to ensure compliance with best practice. If this sounds like you, read on!
Working from home, you will manage your own diary and travel to sites, as required.
Working as part of a large national team of Fire Risk Assessors and Building Surveyors, my client is looking to appoint a further 5 members to the team, due to a substantial increase in workload, which is set run for the next 5 years. I am looking to speak with experienced fire risk assessors to join their expanding team based anywhere in the UK.
As the Successful Candidate you will;
have a minimum of three years’ experience in undertaking fire risk assessments across a broad range of sectors and will hold one of the following qualifications:
- NEBOSH Fire Safety and Risk Management
- BAFE SP 205
- Fire Service College Fire Risk Assessment Competent Person (FSC)
- Institute of Fire Prevention Officers (IFPO)
- Institute of Fire Safety Managers (IFSM)
- IFE Fire risk assessor - Institution of Fire Engineers (IFE)
- To undertake assessments of existing high-rise buildings for a wide range of building types, including schools, residential blocks, hospitals & universities.
- Initial and ongoing liaison with clients and other fire safety specialists
- Ongoing liaison with project managers/co-ordinators and surveyors on technical matters
- Ensure that standards are being maintained and procedures adhered to
- Complete site inspections to determine compliance with current legislation, particularly high-rise frames and cladding
- Provide technical advice on claims, as well as undertaking site inspections and assessments on more complex claims to assess causes and identify remedial works
- To provide advice to the wider team of professionals marketing and underwriting departments on technical areas, so that team members are fully informed when dealing with potential clients
- Qualified Engineer (BAFE or similar)
- In-depth technical knowledge, applicable to building regulations, fire safety regulations and other relevant construction standards
- Experience across a broad range of building structures
- Previous experience with high-rise structures would be a distinct advantage
- Strong and up to date working knowledge of building regulations and associated legislation
- Ability to undertake site inspections to assess compliance with the approved design, the technical manual, and codes of practice
- Able to create solid working relationships with other construction professionals
- The ability to meet deadlines and manage own workload within agreed parameters
- Strong technical ability
- Full UK driving licence
Please contact Caroline Kingsley on 0161 393 9889 or 07768 381 831 outside of office hours.