Kingsley are currently recruiting for a highly prestigious, property organisation which operates in a specialist area, throughout the UK.
Our client is looking for a high caliber MRICS qualified Asset Management Surveyor to join their Real Estate team, with a national remit to deliver the nationwide strategy by providing solutions and advice to clients both in the North West region and across the UK. This shall require being involved with all aspects of management of the portfolio and compliance with statutory requirements as well as assisting in the delivery of the team’s financial budgets and targets.
- Carry out full property inspections to ensure properties are maintained in accordance with lease terms.
- Coordinating any reactive or planned repairs or maintenance required.
- To ensure all properties are insured properly.
- Ensuring that all Landlord & Tenant lease obligations under the leases are complied with.
- Contribute to setting of budgets and on-going monitoring of actual expenditure against budget.
- Ensuring all rents due to the company are collected, taking the appropriate action to recover outstanding debt.
- Regularly monitoring non-recoverable expenditure against budget and liaising with Senior Portfolio Manager/Head of Investment and Portfolio Management in respect of any variances.
- Running Service Charges, including preparation and implementation of service charge budgets.
- Achieve early involvement in new developments for transition to Portfolio Management and overseeing defects liability periods to ensure all snagging/defect works are carried out promptly.
- Dealing with all aspects of L&T licence requirements in respect of assignments and alterations, dealing with L&T issues, replying to enquiries and considering draft legal documentation, following through to completion.
- Tendering local maintenance contracts and monitoring on-going performance of contractors.
- Implement strategies to secure tenants for the early letting of vacant and expansion space within the portfolio and deal with the leasing of the space.
- Ensure accurate data for the Property Management Database is provided in a timely manner.
- MRICS desired but not essential (min. Estate Management qualification)
- Commercial property management experience
- Experience of service charge management
- Strong knowledge of Property Legislation
- Awareness of Health & Safety Legislation
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to work in a team and use own initiative
- Need to travel nationally and occasionally staying overnight in various locations
- Driving licence essential
- On-call out of hours
- Willing to be flexible with working hours
- Attend staff meetings and on-going training
Salary and Benefits
- Salary: £32,000 - £42,000 per annum (DOE)
- Car allowance – Up to £6,300 per annum
- Discretionary Bonus
- 25 days’ holiday
- Pension scheme membership – 5% Employer / 2.5% Employee Contributions
- Critical Illness Cover
- Private Medical Cover (can be extended to family/spouse at employee cost)
- Group Income Protection Cover
- Eligible Long Term Incentive Plan