Our client is one of the country’s leading Property Consultancies that provides strategic advice across all aspects of the property arena which includes but is not limited to development, investment, asset/property management, agency, valuation and planning.
The Industrial & Logistics team is recruiting a Surveyor to assist the Director in undertaking all aspects of occupational agency and liaising with clients.
The successful candidate will require a full understanding of the industrial and logistics sector, building up a working knowledge of the South West property market and work with other professionals in the region. Day to day work will include, instruction and file set up procedures, property inspection, due diligence, lease reading, market research using various data bases including rental and investment analysis, report writing and use of various valuation methods.
The successful candidate shall possess high levels of self-motivation and drive to build up detailed property knowledge and good contacts.
A cognate degree is essential, as is commitment to the location and team in the long-term. The candidate will have completed their APC and ideally been working in an agency capacity in the region.
The disposal / acquisition and provision of consultancy advice of industrial and logistics sites and properties including working with funds/investors, developers and occupiers. The key activities for this role are:
Taking a proactive approach in identifying business development opportunities both individually and as part of the team.
- Undertake inspections of properties
- Preparation of marketing reports and strategies
- Carrying out market research to enable accurate development advice
- Undertake development appraisals
- Identifying possible additional instructions / fee earning opportunities
- Analysing key data and extracting salient information
- To carry out property searches and provide comprehensive advice directly to clients
- Preparing in advance for client meetings, recording minutes and carrying out any actions arising
- To report directly to clients and senior colleagues
- To build strong relationships with other Savills divisions and offices and be able to cross selling
- Development of relationships with clients and other property professionals
- Developing and maintaining active communication both within the team and outside of the team
- Asking questions, interacting and discussing the objectives and day to day work of the team
- Providing assistance to team members as and when required
- Proactively seek out and secure new fee earning instructions
- Able to prove eligibility to work in the UK.
- Has a full driving licence and has access to drive a car for business purposes
Skills, Knowledge and Experience
- Reliable, hard working
- Ability to work flexibly and as part of a team but without constant supervision
- RICS qualified
- Strong verbal, numerical and report writing skills
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Excellent interpersonal and influencing skills
- Well organised with good initiative
- A team player with leadership potential
- Ability to generate new business once established
- Strategic approach to problem solving
- Computer literate, specifically with Excel and Word
- Good attention to detail and accuracy of work
- Ability to work closely with clients, tenants and other third parties
- Maintain a professional manner at all times
- Enthusiasm to do a high-quality job at all times
- Drive and determination to succeed
- Genuine interest in property – inquisitive mind
- Actively engage with agents across different firms in the region
- Chase enquiries received both in person and on the phone
To apply for this position, please contact Andrew Kingsley on 0117 244 4819 or email a copy of your latest CV to firstname.lastname@example.org quoting the position and reference for this role.