The claims handler will be responsible for managing a caseload of Public / Employers Liability claims up to a reserve value of £30,000.
The handler will manage the claim from inception to settlement pre-litigation.
- To proactively manage a caseload of PL/EL claims up to and including reserve limits of £30,000 to conclusion
- Maintain accurate data on relevant case management system
- Comply with set client SLA’s
- To attend client review meetings and assist with client project work where applicable
- Undertake appropriate additional tasks provided by the team leader
- Ensure quality service standards and productivity levels are maintained to a high standard
- Report to Team Leader/Claims Unit Service Manager undertaking appropriate additional tasks
- Allocate new claims as and when required
- Carry out supervisory tasks appropriate to level and as per management instructions Prior knowledge, skills and experience
- Minimum 2 years claims handling experience
- Experience dealing with quantum up to 25k
- Experience in the evaluation, negotiation and settlement of Public/Employers' Liability Claims
- Flexible approach to work
- Supervisory experience is desirable