An excellent opportunity has arisen to join a leading, established and highly reputable property consultancy in Lancashire. The company provides advice on a range of property matters, across agency, predominantly Agency, Professional, Rating, Development, Investment, Lease Consultancy and Valuation.
Overall Purpose of Job
Our client is seeking an enthusiastic and experienced Chartered Valuation Surveyor to join their Lancashire office. With an excellent regional client base, industry contacts and a highly qualified and professional team, the client has grown to be a successful and dynamic firm of Chartered Surveyors across the whole of the North West, and beyond.
The role will be focused on the predominantly the North West and will cover all of the main commercial sectors for a wide range of private and public clients. Valuations are required for loan security, corporate asset, company accounts, viability and general advisory purposes and will include the valuation primarily of commercial owner-occupied and investment properties.
You will be expected to carry out instructions efficiently and with a high degree of independence within the context of the wider valuation team. This includes the inspection of properties and preparation of concise and accurate valuation reports ready for the Director to review and sign off.
Our clients’ culture is highly professional. They are looking to recruit an individual who enjoys responding to challenges, is excited by meeting the toughest targets and has fun working at the leading edge. They will support career progression through development programs and experience gained.
Therefore, my client is offering an excellent opportunity to gain a very broad range of valuation experience across all key sectors and for a range of purposes. We also encourage direct contact with clients and expect team members to act as ambassadors of the firm at all times and to identify, pursue and win new business opportunities.
Main Duties, Responsibilities & Accountabilities:
- To work independently within a team context carrying out property inspections and background due diligence;
- To demonstrate good market knowledge of the areas and sectors you are active in;
- To prepare and deliver valuations and reports to a very high level of accuracy and quality and to client timetables;
- To observe RICS regulatory requirements in particular those of the ‘Red Book’;
- To put clients first and achieve maximum client satisfaction;
- To work efficiently to maximise profitability;
- To ensure that the required amount of hours of RICS CPD is completed and recorded;
- To ensure the maintenance of all job files and appropriate instruction records in accordance with in-house QA procedures;
- To observe and implement clients’ procedures to include Quality Assurance, Health and Safety Environmental, IS security and all other policies;
- To be open to involvement in new areas of work within the valuation business;
- To be client facing and able to identify opportunities for business growth and fee earning opportunities and help grow the business;
- To support the Senior members of the team to achieve team and department objectives;
Desired Knowledge, Skills and Experience
- RICS Qualification (1-5 yrs PQE) & will have RICS Registered Valuer accreditation;
- A track record in preparing RICS Red Book Valuations for Commercial Lending (development and investment properties), corporate valuations and consultancy advice;
- A commercial approach to ‘real world’ business and property issues;
- Good property market and wider economic and business knowledge;
- IT literate;
- Excellent report writing skills;
- Strong planning, organisational and communication skills;
- Able to work under own supervision but also as part of a wider national valuation team;
- Social skills when networking and entertaining clients.
- Competitive Salary, depending on experience
- Car Allowance & other benefits
- Excellent potential of career progression