Up to £40,000 plus car allowance plus benefits
5 months ago
Are you an experienced Valuation Surveyor looking for the next step in your career? Would you like to join a national consultancy in a well-established department with an experienced and supportive team? Then this could be the role for you!
My client is a multi-disciplinary surveying consultancy and has a strong and well-established Property Valuation Department in their Manchester office. The team is experiencing increasing volumes of work both in terms of the quantity and quality of instructions from bank and local authority clients, and therefore looking for an MRICS Surveyor to join the team.
This is an ideal opportunity to join a flourishing department within a market leading firm that can offer real scope for career development.
The role will be focused on the North West and will cover all the main commercial sectors for a wide range of private and public clients. Valuations are required for loan security, corporate asset, company accounts, viability and general advisory purposes and will include the valuation primarily of commercial owner-occupied and investment properties but will also include the valuation of public sector and residential led mixed use development sites.
You will be expected to carry out instructions efficiently and with a high degree of independence within the context of the wider valuation team. This includes the inspection of properties and preparation of concise and accurate valuation reports ready for the Director to review and sign off.
Our clients’ culture is highly professional. They are looking to recruit an individual who enjoys responding to challenges, is excited by meeting the toughest targets and has fun working at the leading edge. Our client places a strong emphasis on training and educating staff including drawing up personal development plans and offering in depth appraisals. They will support career progression through development programs and experience gained.
Therefore, my client is offering an excellent opportunity to gain a very broad range of valuation experience across all key sectors and for a range of purposes. They also encourage direct contact with clients and expect team members to act as ambassadors of the firm at all times and to identify, pursue and win new business opportunities.
Desired Knowledge, Skills and Experience
- Be MRICS qualified (NQ - Senior Surveyor)
- A track record in preparing RICS Red Book Valuations for Commercial Lending (development and investment properties), corporate valuations and consultancy advice
- Good property market and wider economic and business knowledge
- IT literate in Microsoft Office, Excel, Prodev, Argus Investor and Argus Developer
- Excellent report writing skills
- Strong planning, organisational and communication skills
- Able to work under own supervision but also as part of a wider national valuation team
- Good social skills when networking and entertaining clients
- Have the desire to complete work to an exceptional standard in order to maintain the firm’s superior reputation
- Hold a valid UK Driving Licence.
Salary & Benefits
- Salary – Up to £40,000
- Car Allowance – Negotiable D.O.E
- Generous Holiday Allowance
- Plus other benefits
To apply for this position please email your CV to email@example.com or call Clare Norman at Kingsley on 0161 393 9889 for further information.