Due to significant company growth, we have an exciting new opportunity available with one of the UK’s largest, most reputable law firms. They offer outstanding training, career progression opportunities and benefits package.
They require a Paralegal (With Motor /Credit hire experience) for this Leading Legal 500 Firm.
Main function of job: To have responsibility for and progress a Motor (defendant) Credit Hire Insurance litigated caseload to an effective and satisfactory conclusion for clients, ensuring high levels of service delivery, both internally and externally, whilst maintaining management information under the terms of the client service level agreement. This role is seen a leading paralegal role and will require a higher level of technical Credit Hire knowledge and competence and/or wider responsibilities being undertaken outside of the scope of solely running a case load.
Skills, Knowledge and Experience
- To proactively manage & progress a litigated caseload of Motor Credit Hire Defendant Insurance cases to conclusion.
- To appropriately apply the specific Credit Hire technical principles for the level of cases within your responsibility needed to drive the proactive settlement of the case, whilst adding value for the client.
- Research solutions to problems/issues on cases to develop your own technical knowledge.
- Have knowledge of and work cases in line with all client SLA's for the files within your responsibility.
- Proactive use of case management systems to improve speed of settlement and adding value to the cases, whilst adhering to client requirements.
- Prioritise and organise your work efficiently and effectively to ensure all tasks are completed to specified deadlines.
- Work flexibly in adjusting to changes in priority of workload.
- Achieve a high standard of financial and overall file performance as identified through KPI's
- Awareness of relevant client strategies and ensure implementation of these on cases.
- Proficient of the Objective Manager system including a full suite of objectives that align to the overall team, PA & PG strategies.
- Complete all MI requirements on cases.
- Be proactive in problem solving on cases through identifying potential issues and solutions, always adding value to the case.
- Contribute to adhoc change projects where appropriate.
- To support the training and development of more junior team members.
- Previous experience of running a Motor Insurance Credit Hire Litigated Caseload with a proven track record of success both from a financial results and client service perspective.
- Computer literate including proficient use of Microsoft Office.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- The ability to prioritise and manage multiple tasks
- Excellent attention to detail to be able to carefully analyse files and data
- The ability to work well under pressure and to tight deadlines
- Excellent teamwork skills
- Flexibility and adaptability in your attitude and approach to work
- Business acumen and an understanding of the clients' needs
- The ability to build effective professional relationships both with external clients and internal colleagues.
- Excellent negotiation skills
- High level of financial awareness
- An understanding of the wider Motor personal Injury market in terms of trends, strengths, weaknesses and opportunities.
- Previous experience of working with Visual Files case management system.
- Demonstrable knowledge of the importance and use of Management Information.
- Previous exposure to some coaching and development of junior team members.
Our client is committed to equal opportunities in all areas of work and business. They want people to achieve their best, which will positively impact on our clients and communities in which we live and work.
They empower people to be themselves within an inclusive and supportive environment, enabling everyone to achieve their full potential in line with their abilities and career aspirations.
In return they offer a competitive renumeration package, excellent benefits and an opportunity to grow and progress your legal career with excellent training.
Apply now with your CV or contact Kathryn on 0151 242 1630 / 07858 388 799 or email direct to firstname.lastname@example.org