Role: Paralegal / Fee Earner
Sector: ELPL / Personal Injury
Location: Manchester (Central)
Salary: Circa £18-20, negotiable depending on experience
One of Manchester’s longest-standing, most reputable law firms require an experienced Paralegal to add to their personal injury team on a permanent basis, to be responsible for running a case load of ongoing fast track personal injury claims.
You will be...
Experienced in handling EL, PL & RTA in the Portal
Have a good billing record and be able to hit the ground running
Be willing to learn, develop and want to forge a long-term career with a market-leading law firm
They are a large, multi-disciplined firm and are looking to recruit a paralegal with a view to a long-term career with them.
- Submitting claims to the MOJ Portal
- Reviewing cases which drop out of the Portal and taking necessary steps to progress
- Instructing medical experts
- Reviewing medical evidence and advising clients on General Damages
- Taking instructions on Special Damages and advising clients on settlements
- Submitting Settlement Packs and/or offers to TPIs and negotiating settlement of claims
- Banking and dealing with costs.
- At all times keeping clients updated on progress in line with the Service Standards.
- At all times keeping the case management system up to date with relevant data
- Dealing with all administration
- Referring files to the Head of Department if the value exceeds £25,000, litigation is required, or the case becomes overly complex
Salary of circa £19-20k plus bonus