An opportunity exists for an Associate/Associate Director within the Portfolio Valuation team of a global consultancy, based in London, Margaret Street. The successful candidate will be MRICS qualified and will form part of a team of 15, working closely with 4 Directors, 6 Qualified Valuers and 2 Graduate Surveyors (plus support staff).
The majority of time will be spent undertaking regular valuations on behalf of the major UK institutions, property companies, unitised funds and Life Companies. The types of properties valued will include all the main sectors of the market located throughout the UK.
This is an opportunity for the right individual to work with an experienced and growing team in an exciting and expanding area of business.
As part of the team you will be responsible for;
- Taking responsibility for a number of portfolios and providing valuation advice to clients.
- Dealing with all aspects of an instruction and with clients without supervision.
- Become a single point of contact for clients.
- Inspecting client properties.
- Carrying out due diligence enquiries.
- Reporting to clients and senior colleagues and keeping in regular contact.
- Contributing to discussion and debate on the market and implications for value.
In addition to the tasks described above, the job holder may be required to carry out other duties as may reasonably be required from time to time
- Develop and maintain active communication both within the valuation team and other teams.
- Interact with the wider valuation team and office.
- Develop new business initiatives.
- Competence in standard RICS Red Book valuations
- High attention to detail, well organised and a good initiative level.
- Strong verbal, numerical and report writing skills.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal and influencing skills.
- A team player with leadership potential.
- Strategic approach to problem solving.
- Highly motivated.
- An ability to utilise varying methods of valuation.
- Computer literate – you will be expected to be conversant with Excel, Word, Argus (Investor and Developer).
Salary & benefits
- Salary subject to experience.
- 25 days holiday.
- Pension scheme after 3 months of employment.
- Life Assurance.
- Discretionary bonus.
- Medical Insurance (invitation after one years’ service).
My client offers real scope for career development for a dedicated, professional and enthusiastic individual with a strong work ethic who wants to join one of the market leaders.
To apply for this position then please email your CV to email@example.com or call Andrew Kingsley at Kingsley on 0203 817 7030 for further information.