£35-£50k basic salary + excellent benefits
9 months ago
Job Title: Principal Planner (Town Planning)
Salary: £35-£50k basic salary + excellent benefits
Are you a Senior/ Principal Planner who enjoys working on varied and complex projects? Do you want to work for one of the UK’s leading independent consultancies in the development sector? This is a really exciting opportunity for a Senior/ Principal Planner to develop a career within an award winning organisation in design that combines local knowledge with nationwide presence. Due to their continuous growth my client are looking for a Principal Planner to join their growing Leeds office.
- A nationwide consultancy in the development sector, covering the full 360 process from planning through to design and delivery. With multiple offices nationwide and over 200 staff, they are able to combine local knowledge whilst having nationwide presence and offer independent consultancy spanning across public and private sectors. Some of these include; Agriculture, Commercial, Residential, Retail and much more guaranteeing that “no two days are the same”. From major supermarket developments through to world heritage sites and being Heritage Lead Authors for a major transport project covering the North West, Yorkshire and Midlands this is an exciting opportunity for a Senior/ Principal Planner to be exposed to a variety of challenging and complex projects. As they continue to grow they are looking for ambitious and like minded individuals to help develop the business further, in turn offering rapid career progression for a motivated Senior/ Principal Planner. The company are keen to continue expand organically and geographically through building long lasting business relationships and the development of their talented workforce! They pride their success to the “most valuable asset” - their people.
As a Principal Planner you must be excited to contribute to business development and attending social events and engaging with new clients, so you will need to be a confident communicator, ideally with a background in consultancy. You will be responsible for delivering and managing multiple projects across a multitude sectors as well as negotiation of section 106 agreements. Key tasks include:
- Taking job enquires and preparing fee proposals
- Research planning histories and assessment of planning policy criteria
- Liaising with professional bodies and progressing planning applications through the planning system
- Preparing Planning Design & Access Statements including appeal statements
- Attending planning committees, events and exhibitions as required
As a core member of the team you will be expected to work independently and as part of a team, in return for your efforts they offer a commitment to “train, guide and lead” in order to meet your career goals.
Struggling to talk during office hours? Email me and we can arrange a convenient time to speak. Don’t have an up to date CV? Don’t panic, just get in touch, we are here to help.