£35,000 - £50,000
5 months ago
Job Title: Principal Town Planner (Derby, East Midlands)
Location: Derby, East Midlands
Salary: £35-£50k basic salary (negotiable dependant on experience) + excellent benefits
Are you a Senior/ Principal Town Planner who enjoys working on varied and complex projects? Do you want to work for one of the UK’s leading independent consultancies in the development sector? This is a really exciting opportunity for a Senior/ Principal Town Planner to develop a career within an award winning organisation that combines local knowledge with nationwide presence. Due to their continuous growth my client are looking for a Principal Planner to join their busy, well established Derby, East Midlands office.
A nationwide consultancy in the development sector, covering the full 360 process from planning through to design and delivery. With multiple offices nationwide and over 200 staff, they are able to combine local knowledge whilst having nationwide presence and offer independent consultancy spanning across public and private sectors. Some of these include; Agriculture, Commercial, Residential, Retail and much more guaranteeing that “no two days are the same”. From major supermarket developments through to world heritage sites this is an exciting opportunity for a Senior/ Principal Town Planner to be exposed to a variety of challenging and complex projects. As they continue to grow they are looking for ambitious and like minded individuals to help develop the business further, in turn offering rapid career progression for a motivated Senior/ Principal Town Planner. The company are keen to continue expand organically and geographically through building long lasting business relationships and the development of their talented workforce! They pride their success to the “most valuable asset” - their people.
Their East Midlands office is one of the first to be established over 10 years ago and this role sits within a busy planning team that between them have a wealth of experience split across multiple sectors. In the East Midlands area recent projects they have been involved in include:
- Regeneration projects that spans over 350 acres including a large residential site (approximately 800 units), a retirement village, retail units, various leisure facilities and country parks!
- Residential projects for a UK major housebuilder including the design and masterplanning
- Brownfield residential mixed use residential project (over 300 units) for a local well known East Midlands developer
This is just a snippet of the exciting projects the East Midlands office have been involved with!
As a MRTPI chartered Principal Town Planner you must excited to contribute to business development and attending social events and engaging with new clients, so you will need to be a confident communicator, ideally with a background in consultancy. You will be responsible for delivering and managing multiple projects across a multitude sectors as well as negotiation of section 106 agreements. Key tasks include:
- Taking job enquires and preparing fee proposals
- Research planning histories and assessment of planning policy criteria
- Liaising with professional bodies and progressing planning applications through the planning system
- Preparing Planning Design & Access Statements including appeal statements
- Attending planning committees, events and exhibitions as required
As a core member of the team you will be expected to work independently and as part of a team, in return for your efforts they offer a commitment to “train, guide and lead” in order to meet your career goals.