My Client is an award winning small to medium Commercial Practice on the outskirts of Manchester. Although not in the City they deal with ‘city work’ which is of high quality. They believe in working to best practice at all times which includes maintaining excellent relationships with their Clients and their Employees. They are looking to add to their Private Client Department a Probate Litigation Solicitor and they are happy to explore all levels of experience for this role as it will be joining a well-established Team.
To provide advice on a wide range of probate litigation matters and have relevant experience as set out below
MAIN DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Advise clients on all types of probate litigation, including IPFDA claims, validity challenges, removal of executors, construction applications and claims for proprietary estoppel.
- Draft Larke-v-Nugus letters and interrogate and interpret responses.
- Act for claimants and defendants on IPFDA claims and validity challenges, included drafting proceedings, drafting witness statements, undertaking disclosure and instructing counsel.
- Assess and review enquiries and advising members of the public, both by telephone and email. Follow up any enquires and convert those enquiries into clients.
- Applying for medical records reviewing and interpreting the same.
- Assist with matters arising from the Client’s Private team, including advising on Estates that become contested.
- Give accurate, prompt, realistic and relevant advice in response to clients’ enquiries whilst managing their expectations.
- Gain an understanding of clients’ requirements and how to achieve their needs. and maintain strong relationships with clients.
- Support senior fee earners with marketing opportunities, including; writing blogs and press releases, and to be pro-active in networking and business development.
- Ensure billing is completed to agreed timescales.
- Maintain confidentiality and data protection obligations in line with the firm’s policies and procedures; including dealing with confidential documents.
- Keep abreast of changes in legislation, case law and carry out legal research.
- Promote and comply with legislation and policies on equal opportunities and health and safety both in the delivery of services and the treatment of others.
- Identify and undertake training and development as required in order to meet personal, SRA and business needs.
If you have an interest in the above role and would like to know more about this hugely professional Firm please give Annmarie Jackson a call. No CV? No problem I can help with that too.