Overall Purpose of Job
Are you an experienced Management Surveyor looking to progress your career with a successful and award-winning firm? If so, then we have just the vacancy for you at our clients’ multi-disciplinary Cardiff office.
My client acts for investors and occupiers in the office, industrial and retail markets, managing a cross-section of commercial property types. They combine experience and knowledge with innovation and creativity, handling national portfolios for a wide variety of clients.
Applying your expertise, you will be responsible for the management of a portfolio of commercial investment properties comprising office, industrial and retail throughout South Wales and surrounding areas and a driving licence is therefore essential.
You’ll be confident in dealing with colleagues and clients, at all levels, delivering consistently high level assistance through effective communication, prioritisation, multi-tasking with a ‘can do’ attitude.
Using your own initiative, you will maintain and grow existing client relationships, and generate new business opportunities.
- Constantly updating knowledge of legislation relating to property management
- Able to build and maintain client relationships
- Knowledgeable of Property Management law to make recommendations to the client
- Understand the clients’ investment objectives
- Be able to recognise opportunities for selling additional services to clients, including cross selling
- Able to build and maintain tenant/customer relationships
- Understand the principles of lease structure and be able to read a lease
- Be able to apply legal principles of tenant applications for consent and process
- Apply the principles of service charge management to ensure compliance with all regulatory and procedural requirements
- Understand VAT, banking and credit control methods
- Understand and apply all company procedures relating to work activities
- Able to use IT software such as Word, Excel, and databases
- Understand and use industry/specific IT applications
- Able to contribute to team and department’s business plan
- Able to delegate, supervise and develop junior team members
- Able to work as part of the company team, supporting other team members and recognising the work of others
Desired Knowledge, Skills and Experience
- MRICS Qualified
- Minimum 2 years PQE within Asset/Property Management ideally
- High degree of commerciality and experience of development business with existing clients
- Experience within a professional services environment and working with blue-chip companies
- Excellent communication and client interfacing skills
- Ability to work under pressure
- High attention to detail
My client offers real scope for career development for a dedicated, professional and enthusiastic individual with a strong work ethic who wants to join one of the market leaders.
If you wish to apply for this position, please email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org or call Andrew Kingsley MRICS on 0117 244 4819 for further information.