Up to £34,000
7 months ago
Our client works with public and private sector organisations to design, build and optimise their property and infrastructure assets. They are a multi-disciplinary property consultancy, with more than 4000 experts in 40 offices across the UK, assisting clients at every stage of the property lifecycle. Join us and you’ll be part of a team making it easier and more profitable for investors, occupiers and developers to buy, sell, manage, let, develop and invest in real estate.
This role is for a Property Surveyor and they will have the opportunity to be part of an established Property team, delivering services to the core public sector client and take a positive approach to the management of their core operational and commercial estate in order to maximise returns, stimulate economic activity and assist in achieving the its’ regeneration objectives.
This job will also provide you with an opportunity to contribute to establishing a leading consultancy across the North-East region linking with other Property businesses operating nationally, delivering services to carefully selected external clients.
What you will do:
- Maximise the performance of the Client’s non-operational portfolio over a range of property types, particularly Local Authority industrial estates
- Provide advice on property budgets and service charges on the non-operational estate
- Provide Landlord and Tenant advice on a range of property types
- Deliver statutory Asset Valuations for Accounting purposes
- Provide a professional property service in relation to the management, acquisition and disposal of property and property related interests to the core client and additional external clients
- Undertake negotiations with public and private sector owners and developers
- Undertake land and property valuations and disposals for a wide range of purposes
- Write and present reports, and attending key client meetings including Cabinet and Strategic Property Group as required
- Comply with the company and the Council’s strategies, policies, standing orders and financial regulations
Your experience will include:
- A degree in a property or related discipline, and a Member of the Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors (RICS)
- Experience of working on high level projects
- Knowledge of the key issues and processes relating to property management and valuation
- Knowledge of Landlord and Tenant Issues and Case Law
- Good communication skills and the ability to work in a busy environment as a member of a team with a positive, enthusiastic attitude to work.
- The ability to exercise own initiative, and to demonstrate a self-motivated and confident approach to personal development
- Confidence in client-facing situations, able to influence and convince, and develop new business opportunities
- Computer literate with an understanding of valuation software
- A full UK Driving License
What’s in it for you?
As well as a generous basic salary, there will be 23 day’s holiday rising with length of service, fully funded training course and CPD, payment of annual RICS subscription, flexible working (hours and remote working), company matched pension scheme and access to a variety of voluntary benefit options. These include a share save scheme, life assurance, holiday buy and many more designed to suit your own personal lifestyle, such as retail, health & wellbeing and leisure discounts.
You’ll be joining a network of some of the most experienced, innovative and dedicated people in the country - the opportunities to learn new skills and develop in your career.
Our clients’ culture is highly professional. They are looking to recruit an individual who enjoys responding to challenges, is excited by meeting the toughest targets and has fun working at the leading edge. My client offers real scope for career development for a dedicated, professional and enthusiastic individual with a strong work ethic who wants to join one of the market leaders.