Are you a Quantity Surveyor or experienced Cost Engineer searching for a new role that will allow you to maximise your extensive knowledge and experience and play a key role in delivering one of the UK’s most prestigious Defense programs?
The Consultancy we are working with are a Global giant within the Construction Industry and this means they lead the way in securing iconic, high profile clients and projects.
There is an urgent requirement for a number of experienced Quantity Surveyors and Cost Engineers to support their Project Management teams in the development and delivery of a critical commission.
Working closely with the project management directorate, you will be responsible for evaluating, recommending and implementing cost engineering improvement initiatives as well as being responsible for meeting project controls and forecasting financial requirements. You will be asked to provide critical analysis of engineering projects to ensure that the right decisions are made and successful delivery is implemented. The demands of this high value and sensitive project mean that you will need to have a proven track record of maintaining strong stakeholder engagement and be confident in your ability to work and communicate across multidisciplined teams and environments. Although this role will predominately be based at the client site in Plymouth, occasional travel may also be required.
- Production of independent cost and schedule estimates to support the project goals
- Providing pricing and costing advice for a variety of projects.
- Developing and maintaining relationships key stakeholders and external Contractors.
- Assessment of bid proposals and provisions for Contractors and Sub-Contractors
- Lead the estimating process to ensure deliverables are met
- Oversee design and value solutions
- Review customers drawings and specifications to prepare accurate costing sheets for materials, labour and equipment;
- Assess and manage risk and opportunity and support negotiations as part of the pricing process
- Collate and review tender documents
What you need to demonstrate:
- That you are degree qualified and ideally hold RICS/CIOB/RIBA/ICE/CIBSE membership
- Previous experience working within Defense sectors, ideally Naval or Nuclear and be able to pass UK security clearance
- Experience managing and implementing all aspects of the estimating process for large high value projects
- That you have good working knowledge of pricing and quantification methods
- A desire to continually improve and develop relationships with your customers whilst maintaining business critical objectives
- That you can work with cross functional teams to analyse and resolve conflicts
- A proven track record of engaging, reporting and being able to challenge at senior levels
- That you are confident and adaptable with a 'can do' attitude
- Strong technical and IT capability and proficient using Estimating systems and bespoke IT software
The environment you will be working within will be demanding, challenging and extremely time critical. If this is the type of environment you thrive in, then it will be a fantastic opportunity for you to demonstrate your capabilities and further your career. This is an opportunity to work with some of the best people in your industry on a rare and unique commission.
Interested? Get in touch with Hayley Anderson on firstname.lastname@example.org or (0117) 2444819