Kingsley have a fantastic opportunity available for an experienced administrator to join an international property consultancy providing support to their Rating team on a fixed term contract running up to January 2019 (maternity cover).
This role will include responsibility for the data entry and maintenance of the firm’s bespoke database system.
The ideal candidate will have previous experience within a Rating Administration role however the client will consider candidates with property administration experience as training will be provided on the database system and rating administration, where necessary.
- Entering new instructions, client and contacts onto the CRM database
- Entering and maintaining accurate up-to-date rating information on the firm’s database
- Maintaining accurate up-to-date record of departmental billing, both YTD and forecast
- Preparing and generating invoices and billing guides from the firm’s computerised invoicing system
- Pursuing rates refunds and issue of Notices from the Valuation Office Agency and Billing Authorities.
- Tracking issued invoices and ensuring prompt payment
- Preparation of Valuation, Proof of Evidence and other reports as required
- Ensuring Surveyors comply with the policies of the firm’s Quality Assurance certificate ISO 9001:2008
- Regular and ad-hoc financial/rating reporting (internal and client facing)
- Liaising directly with clients on admin issues
- Drafting correspondence under the direction of the Partners or Associates concerned
- Copy typing using Word 2010
- Taking and dealing with incoming telephone calls
- Dealing with incoming and outgoing mail
- Filing, photocopying, binding
- General office duties as allocated by the Office Administrator
- Working closely with the Office Administrator to provide efficient support for the office
- Covering the Office Administrator and other secretarial duties over holiday periods
- Organising diaries for the team (via Outlook), making meeting and travel arrangements, organising refreshments at meetings, as necessary
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- High-level administrative and organisational skills
- Commitment to developing technical knowledge and understanding of the professional environment in which clients and fee-earners operate and the issues which they face
- Excellent IT skills, especially Microsoft Excel and Word
- Good numeracy skills and confidence working with data
- Fast and accurate typing (60wpm+)
- Experience of working with databases
- Accurate and with an eye for detail
- Experience in similar role in small/medium sized organisation essential
- Flexible and self-motivated with a real desire to deliver excellent customer service
- Capable of working in a team and without supervision.
Salary and Benefits
- Salary £18,000 - £21,000
- Performance related staff profit share scheme
- Competitive holiday allowance, plus days off at Christmas and New Year
- Pension Scheme Membership (after initial probationary period)
- Life/Accident Insurance
- Private Medical Cover
- Fitness Allowance
- Cycle to work scheme
- Interest Free Season Ticket Loan
- Interest Free Rental Deposit Loan
- Employee assistance programme
Alongside their competitive compensation and benefits package, our client also offers all staff the ongoing opportunities to learn and develop, through in-house CPD sessions, further education support as well as internal and external training programmes.
The normal hours of work for this position are 9.00 – 5.30, Monday to Friday. This position also involves out of hours working on an ‘as necessary’ basis.