Our client is well respected firm of Chartered Surveyors and Property Consultants with a large network of offices that provides comprehensive property advice to Public and Private Sector Organisations on some of the largest property portfolios across the country.
The Position & Team
The Offices Team are now looking to recruit an MRICS Qualified Surveyor / Senior Surveyor to undertake Rating and Assessment work. The Offices Rating team is currently formed of 6 team members and a further support by 2 Team Administrators who support the London City based teams.
With an overall remit to help drive the business rates team forward, you will be providing rating advice on office properties to private sector clients predominantly in London and the home counties.
· Achieving rates savings via the Check, Challenge, Appeal process and pursue all other opportunities for savings
· Providing key clients with services covering rating valuation appeals, rates reliefs and rates management
· Developing and managing the relationship with key clients
· Developing and maintaining a strong network of internal and external contacts
· Working with colleagues within wider Offices team where we provide multiple services
· Involvement in preparing bids for, and presenting to, existing and target clients
· Contract management
· Maintaining and updating systems and databases
· Agreeing, achieving and surpassing billing targets
· Supporting the graduates and/or Apprentices that rotate through the team
· MRICS qualified
· Technical knowledge including relevant legislation and case law
· Experience of valuing office properties for rating purposes preferable
· Commercially aware
· Strong negotiation skills
· Ability to work on own initiative whilst being an excellent team player
· Proven IT skills, including proficient use of Microsoft Office
· Well organised and able to work to tight deadlines
· Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal, coupled with an eye for detail, a commitment to excellence and developing strong client relationships
· Proactive, flexible and self-motivated with a real desire to deliver excellent customer service
Salary and Benefits
Alongside a competitive remuneration and benefits package our client offers all staff ongoing opportunities to learn and develop, through in-house CPD sessions, further education support as well as internal and external training programmes. Your progression will be supported and guided by managers and mentors using a transparent framework so you can clearly see what you need to do in order to get to where you want to be.
The normal hours of work for this position are 1000hrs to 1600hrs, Monday to Friday. This position also involves out of hours working on an ‘as necessary’ basis. The firm is an Equal Opportunities Employer and applications from persons belonging to minority groups are encouraged.
To apply for this position, please contact Andrew Kingsley on 07879 413 765 or email a copy of your latest CV to email@example.com quoting the position (AK18413) and reference for this role.
Please visit our website www.kingsleyrecruitment.co.uk for more jobs.