12 months ago
Our client is a multi disciplinary surveying consultancy and has a strong and well-established Property/Asset Management Department both nationally, and in their Manchester office.
Acting for investors and occupiers in the retail, office and industrial markets, managing a cross-section of commercial property types, the client combines experience and knowledge with innovation and creativity, handling national and international portfolios for a wide variety of clients.
As a consequence of continued growth, we are sourcing for an experienced property management surveyor(s) to join tour client’s Manchester office and the seniority can be anything from 1 year PQE up to Director level. The role covers a high-quality portfolio which is predominantly retail.
Main Duties, Responsibilities & Accountabilities
- Manage the transition of client/properties over to the property management department and the setting up of new instructions and portfolios
- Take a very “hands on” proactive role in property management
- Carry out regular property inspections
- Be responsible for preparing in advance for client meetings, recording minutes of those meetings and carrying out any actions arising.
- Ensure accurate client reports are prepared to the correct specifications and issued to clients in accordance with agreed timescales, subject to approval by line manager as required
- Reading and summarising of leases and ensure accurate data is maintained on the property management system and to regularly check update and audit the accuracy of the data
- Take a proactive approach in terms of asset management opportunities and the exploiting of potential initiatives
- Advance planning for critical lease event dates such as reviews, lease expiries and options and assisting with an implementation strategy for these
- Ensure tenant arrears are proactively managed in conjunction with the clients’ central credit control team
- Dealing with the tenant and client queries in a timely and efficient manner
- Draft review and approve service charge budgets
- Review service charge cash flow and budget regularly
- Liaise with the building managers and regional facilities managers to ensure that buildings are well maintained at all times
- Calculation and approval of service charge reconciliations
- Invoice approval and ensuring correct coding of expenditure in line with the budgets
- Identify and progress opportunities for cross selling activities
- Identify opportunities for providing additional services to clients
- Building strong working relationship with the existing clients
The above list summarises main responsibilities to be carried out in the role but is not exhaustive*
Experience in the Property Management sector is essential and applicants must possess:-
- High attention to detail, well organised and a good initiative level
- Be a team player
- Be articulate, professional and persuasive with a good telephone manner and good report writing skills
- Show the ability to cross sell other services within the company
- Ability to work with relatively high degree of autonomy with minimal supervision
- Be adaptable and above all keen and enthusiastic
- A desire to progress and generate new business
DESIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- MRICS Qualified
- From 12 months PQE up to Director level relevant property management experience
- Numerate and technically competent
- Strong attention to detail with a practical pragmatic common sense approach to management
- Ability to deal with challenging mandates and coping with a high work load
- Excellent IT, problem solving, analytical, negotiation, interpersonal and managerial skills
- Full, clean driving licence
Depending on the seniority of the successful candidate(s) the remuneration shall include but is not limited to:
- Attractive and competitive salary – D.O.E.
- Car Allowance – level D.O.E.
- Highly Competitive Bonus structure
- Generous holiday allowance
- All other benefits that you would exepct
My client offers real scope for career development for a dedicated, professional and enthusiastic individual with a strong work ethic who wants to join one of the market leaders.