Are you an ambitious Building Surveyor looking for a more project focused career path and an environment that will allow you to concentrate on the client and think out-side the box? One of our long-standing clients has a new opportunity for someone like this for their highly successful Bristol office.
As you know, Bristol is set to become the UK’s fastest growing city over the next 3 years and this ambitious and forward-thinking consultancy want to capitalise on this, by bringing the very best talent into their business. Working across an increasing number of projects within the commercial sector, this company can offer a huge variety of high profile investor and occupier clients within the following sectors Health, Industrial, Education, Commercial, Defence, Government & Leisure. You will also be given professional career development and quick progression path and have the benefit of working for a global brand that is synonymous with success.
What They are Looking For
Someone who can help guide and develop the Bristol Surveying team. You will thrive in a fast-paced environment and be comfortable managing a continuous stream of commercial projects. You will have an in depth understanding of building pathology and a very strong background in delivering party wall and dilapidation services. The key to succeeding in this role will be your client facing and relationship management skills and your support to growing their existing client base. You will have a proven track record of working within the Commercial sector and be capable of leading the strategic plans for the business.
Day to Day Responsibilities
This is an evolving role that requires someone who is capable of going above and beyond a typical job brief, however, here are some of the key requirements for this role:
- Experience in professional and contract administration services
- Undertaking Building Surveys, working across refurbishment schemes and preparing schedules of work
- Playing an active role in generating repeat business, winning new work and developing new business opportunities
- Working alongside the Building Surveying Lead on new business proposals and tenders
- Working closely with the wider business on how to shape competitive advantage and offer innovative new solutions
- Providing guidance, leadership and technical expertise to other team members
What’s Required From You
- You will be MRICS and have a relevant construction qualification
- Ideally PQE in a commercial consultancy
- Proven track record of generating and winning new business
- Be driven and self-motivated, with a forward-thinking approach
- Able to manage large scale projects from inception through to delivery, on time and within budget
- Able to forge successful client relationships and manage client development
- Have a thorough understanding across Building Surveying and Consultancy service markets
- Be confident to lead and manage a successful and highly ambitious team of professionals
In return you will receive a generous salary and benefits package, along with the opportunity to build a career with a business that is still dominating the market, even in these uncertain times.
For more information about this role please contact me as soon as possible on (0117) 244 4819. If this is not the right opportunity for you but you would like to discuss a career move, please also get in touch for a confidential chat.