Overall Purpose of Job
Kingsley is retained to source a Senior Development Surveyor for a clients’ Development Consultancy Team that is closely involved with the delivery of some significant high-profile urban regeneration projects in the region as well as major acquisitions and disposals. Our client provides a full national agency and development service to landowners, both public and private sector, and developers.
The key purpose of the role is to provide general and strategic advice on the overall residential and commercial development process; appraisals for development viability; negotiation of S.106 agreements; and provide a full range of land and development advice
Main Duties, Responsibilities & Accountabilities
- To deal with both public and private sector acquisitions and disposals
- To provide general advice on marketability, high level viability and local market view.
- To assess the viability of developments
- To conduct development appraisals
- To negotiate S.106 agreements
- To research and produce reports
- To respond to enquiries
- To provide strategic land and development advice
The above list summarises main responsibilities but is not exhaustive of the duties required.
Desired Knowledge, Skills and Experience
This is an ideal opportunity for an ambitious and motivated individual to join our clients Development team. The successful individual must meet the following criteria;
- Previous experience at Surveyor / Senior Surveyor level within the sector
- Background on land disposals
- Ability to undertake development appraisals
- An understanding of public sector requirements
- Experience in both public and private sector acquisitions and disposals
- Ability to work on own initiative and work unsupervised, when necessary
- MRICS qualified
- Excellent communication and client interfacing skills
- Proven ability to work as part of a team
- IT literate
My client offers real scope for career development for a dedicated, professional and enthusiastic individual with a strong work ethic who wants to join one of the market leaders.