Thank you for your interest - this position has now been filled, but if you are interested in similar roles get in touch and we should be able to find something for you.
Contact us for a chat or upload your CV
An acclaimed consultancy are looking for an accomplished Construction Health and Safety Advisor to work on interesting and varied projects.
About the Company
A well thought after independent construction consultancy are looking for a Senior Health & Safety Consultant / Construction Design & Management Consultant to provide advisory and support services to blue chip multi-national companies on projects worth over £300m.
Based in the North West they specialise in the provision of Quantity Surveying, CDM Advisor, Principal Designer, Building Surveying, Project Management, Clerk of Works and Training services to both public and private sector.
About the Role
Within the role you will be responsible for planning, managing and monitoring the pre-construction phase of public and private sector construction projects. You will also be assisting the client in identifying, obtaining and collating the pre-construction information and visiting sites to carry out an initial appraisal to establish existing hazards and site restrictions.
The role is home based with travel to sites across the North West. There will at times be some national travel. You will need to be able to commute to the Warrington office from time to time.
- Liaise with the Principal Contractor for the duration of the appointment
- Act as the point of contact, to ensure the duties are fulfilled in accordance with statutory regulatory requirements, approved code of practice and industry advice
- Provide an advisory and support service to Construction Industry Clients
- Review implications of procurement methods in respect of CDM Regulations
- Ensure adherence to the design brief / scope of services – CDM2015
- Ensure that designers have established safe methods for construction
- Liaise with clients and designers and provide CDM / PDA advice
- Review DRA’s, RAG lists, drawings and Construction Phase Plans
- Carry out site safety inspections and CDM compliance audits
- Agree the information for and preparation of PCI. Advise on Health and Safety Files / Operating & Maintenance Manuals prepared by the in-house team or others
- Comment upon and negotiate CPP’s
- Draft and amend H&S/ CDM procedures
You will be an experienced and accomplished Health & Safety Consultant / Construction Design & Management Consultant, ideally with 5+ in a consultancy environment. You will have strong knowledge of CDM Regulations and other Health, Safety and Environmental Legislation procurement processes.
- Ability to read and interpret technical drawings and have experience of using the MS Office suite
- A NEBOSH Construction Certificate with minimum 5 years’ experience in a consultancy environment is essential
- Certified Membership of the Association for Project Safety (CMaPS) or Professional Membership of the Institution of Occupational Safety and Health (IOSH) is desirable
- A professional with both health and safety and professional or technical construction related qualifications would be advantageous.
- CSCS card an advantage
About the Money
Your salary and package will be negotiated at interview. They’re quite prepared to pay a top salary and package for the right candidate.
If you’re an experienced Senior Health & Safety Consultant or CDM click apply now!
Based in Warrington this role suits anyone from; Manchester, Liverpool, Chester, Altringham, St Helens, Wigan, Leigh, Crewe, Stoke, the Wirral, Birkenhead, Deeside, North Wales, Stockport, Cheadle, Macclesfield, Northwich, Ellesmere Port, Runcorn, Widnes, Bolton, Wrexham, Sale or Preston