Thank you for your interest - this position has now been filled, but if you are interested in similar roles get in touch and we should be able to find something for you.
Our client is at the forefront in Property & Real Estate Consultancy across both the UK and on an International scale.
Furthermore, their Property & Asset Management teams are responsible for some of the most high-profile portfolios on both a regional and national basis with the ‘Business Space’ team being an integral part of their structure.
Our client is looking to appoint a Senior Property & Asset Management Surveyor on an initial 12 months basis to join their Business Space team to start in late May/June 2020, within their Leeds office serving the Yorkshire and North East regions.
The Business Space team manages a wide range of high-quality assets for a variety of client sizes, with an expertise in offices & industrial estates throughout the UK regions.
The Business Space team sits within Management Services, which is part of the Property & Asset Management department. The team are responsible for managing the property estate for their clients, with a focus on delivering industry leading management of their client’s properties, contributing to the Centre of Excellence and maintaining strong relationships with each client.
This is an exciting role for anyone who has experience in property management with knowledge of lease terms and is currently is a property manager who is looking to expand their client and people leadership skills.
Our client is looking for someone who:
- Can deliver best in class property management services.
- Can source and deliver Value Add opportunities for our Clients.
- Is passionate about Customer Service and Environmental, Social Governance.
- Is passionate about developing the talent of the team around them.
What this job involves
- To ensure cost effective operational running of allocated sites.
- Liaison with clients and 3rd parties i.e. landlords and their agents to ensure uninterrupted use of the client’s premises, effectively acting as the intermediary between landlord and tenant.
- Manage exit strategies for freehold and leasehold properties being vacated.
- Ensure adherence to lease terms and compliance with statutory requirements and advising clients of same.
- Manage and liaise with other internal teams and other professionals to provide a full service to the client.
- Ensure that occupier meetings are held as appropriate and any issues arising are actioned.
- Review service charge cash flow and review budget v expenditure regularly in conjunction with the facilities managers.
- Direct and frequent client contact and reporting.
- Take appropriate action for all forthcoming lease diary events.
- Review tenant applications and prepare client recommendations in a timely manner.
- Contribute to achievement of client and departmental targets.
- Deliver client satisfaction and ensure those you manage continue to deliver services to the satisfaction of the client.
- Delivery of regular and accurate client reports.
- Identifying and actioning any asset management/Value Add opportunities.
- Leading Client meetings where directly responsible.
- Management of junior members of the team.
- Following market trends and being able to discuss these with Clients.
- Being able to work independently on the whole, in terms of evidencing your Business Space Expertise.
- MRICS Qualified – 2 years+
- Up to date knowledge of legislation regarding property management.
- Demonstrable technical competence in property management.
- Basic IT skills (word-processing and spreadsheets).
- Industry specific packages (e.g. YARDI).
- Previously worked in property management team.
- General practice background for or within either a corporate, public sector or private practice.
- Able to build and maintain client, tenant and customer relationships.
- Be able to recognise opportunities for selling additional services to clients, including cross selling.
- Experience and knowledge of law relating to property management to make informed recommendations to clients.
- Able to work as part of a team, supporting other team members and recognising the work of others.
- Be articulate, professional and persuasive with a good telephone manner and good report writing skills.
- Build and maintain relationships with other parts of the wider team.
- Excellent presentation skills.
My client offers real scope for career development for a dedicated, professional and enthusiastic individual with a strong work ethic who wants to join one of the market leaders. To apply for this position then please email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org or call Andrew Kingsley MRICS at Kingsley on 07879 413 765 for further information.
Kingsley is a niche leading recruitment consultancy, who specialise in the Property & Built Environment Sectors. We recruit across the UK, so if you are looking for your career next move, call us for a confidential chat, look on our website www.kingsleyrecruitment.co.uk or email email@example.com