Our client is at the forefront in Property & Real Estate Consultancy across both the UK and their Property & Asset Management teams are responsible for some of the most high-profile portfolios on both a regional and national basis with the ‘Business Space’ team being an integral part of their structure.
Our client is looking to appoint a Senior Property & Asset Management Surveyor, to be located within their Glasgow office.
The Business Space team manages a wide range of high-quality assets for a variety of client sizes, with an expertise in offices & industrial estates throughout the UK regions.
The Business Space team sits within Management Services, which is part of the Property & Asset Management department. The team are responsible for managing the property estate for their clients, with a focus on delivering industry leading management of their client’s properties, contributing to the Centre of Excellence and maintaining strong relationships with each client.
Our client is looking for someone who:
- Can deliver best in class property management services.
- Can source and deliver Value Add opportunities for our Clients.
- Is passionate about Customer Service and Environmental, Social Governance.
- Is passionate about developing the talent of the team around them.
What this job involves
- To ensure cost effective operational running of allocated sites.
- Liaison with clients and 3rd parties i.e. landlords and their agents to ensure uninterrupted use of the client’s premises, effectively acting as the intermediary between landlord and tenant.
- Manage exit strategies for freehold and leasehold properties being vacated.
- Ensure adherence to lease terms and compliance with statutory requirements and advising clients of same.
- Manage and liaise with other internal teams and other professionals to provide a full service to the client.
- Ensure that occupier meetings are held as appropriate and any issues arising are actioned.
- Review service charge cash flow and review budget v expenditure regularly in conjunction with the facilities managers.
- Direct and frequent client contact and reporting.
- Take appropriate action for all forthcoming lease diary events.
- Review tenant applications and prepare client recommendations in a timely manner.
- Contribute to achievement of client and departmental targets.
- Deliver client satisfaction and ensure those you manage continue to deliver services to the satisfaction of the client.
- Delivery of regular and accurate client reports.
- Identifying and actioning any asset management/Value Add opportunities.
- Leading Client meetings where directly responsible.
- Management of junior members of the team.
- Following market trends and being able to discuss these with Clients.
- Being able to work independently on the whole, in terms of evidencing your Business Space Expertise.
- MRICS Qualified – 2 years+
- Up to date knowledge of legislation regarding property management.
- Demonstrable technical competence in property management.
- Basic IT skills (word-processing and spreadsheets).
- Industry specific packages (e.g. YARDI).
- Previously worked in property management team.
- General practice background for or within either a corporate, public sector or private practice.
- Able to build and maintain client, tenant and customer relationships.
- Be able to recognise opportunities for selling additional services to clients, including cross selling.
- Experience and knowledge of law relating to property management to make informed recommendations to clients.
- Able to work as part of a team, supporting other team members and recognising the work of others.
- Be articulate, professional and persuasive with a good telephone manner and good report writing skills.
- Build and maintain relationships with other parts of the wider team.
- Excellent presentation skills.
My client offers real scope for career development for a dedicated, professional and enthusiastic individual with a strong work ethic who wants to join one of the market leaders. To apply for this position then please email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org or call Andrew Kingsley MRICS at Kingsley on 07879 413 765 for further information.