Our client provides a full spectrum of services for every asset type across Commercial, Residential and Rural Real Estate. With an extensive Regional, National and Global presence with matching market intelligence, they are unique in offering specialist advice across the entire Property Lifecycle, from Planning and Development to Agency, Investment and Property Management.
The Department and Role
The individual will take immediate responsibility for the management of their own properties and projects. This role offers first-rate prospects for a confident, enthusiastic, committed individual. In addition, with the potential to expanding the client base, the individual will be tasked with achieving objectives set out in the department’s business plans and beyond.
You will be fully supported by a team of facilities managers, building managers and 24 hour tenant Helpdesk and work alongside various other staff members across other business lines within areas such as agency, lease advisory, building consultancy and investment agency.
You shall be required to:
· Take responsibility for some of your own clients and help serve other clients
· Provide high quality Property Management services
· Liaise with the clients, their solicitors and tenants on a daily basis
· Prepare reports for and lead in client meetings where required
· Identify and undertake asset management initiatives
· Provide client advice in respect of tenancy applications and controlling the licence process
· Instruct and liaise with facilities managers and building consultants in respect of repairs and planned maintenance programmes
· Carry out regular property inspections
· Manage Lease / Tenancy Schedules
· Liaise with Facilities Managers in respect of service charge budgeting and reporting and undertaking regular service charge expenditure monitoring and reporting
· Liaise with the client accounting team on production of annual service charge budgets, approving reconciliations, rent raising reports etc.
· Manage income arrears and recovery invoice approvals, setting up new properties, maintaining the property database, updating the Helpdesk and Tramps, etc
· Prepare revenue budgets and quarterly forecast reporting with the support of a qualified accountant and finance department assistance
· Facilitate regular tenant meetings with strong occupier engagement skills
· Due diligence for acquisition and disposals
· Attend team and department meetings
· Provide line manager responsibility (where applicable) within the team
Essential Qualifications & Experience
· Good commercial property management experience
· Proven experience of direct reporting to property management clients
· Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Excel, Word, and Outlook
· experience of managing lease events, rent reviews and expiries
· Making recommendations on tenant applications
· Strong Landlord & Tenant knowledge.
· Property Management Accounting knowledge – statements of account, service charges, VAT, arrears recovery, etc Desirable qualifications
· Degree level qualification
· RICS qualified or equivalent work experience
· Previous use of Tramps or Horizon property accounting packages Key skills/competencies
· Excellent written and verbal communication, with a high level of attention to detail
· Pro-active “can do” approach – a good team worker
· Client facing and committed
· Confident in ability to work autonomously / use own initiative / self-starter
· Excellent time management, organisational and prioritising skills
· Professional and presentable
· Enthusiastic, reliable, flexible and friendly
· Full clean driving licence
· Competitive Basic Salary of circa £40,000 per annum (D.O.E.)
· Generous car allowance
· Life Assurance
· Generous holidays
· Private medical cover
My client offers real scope for career development for a dedicated, professional and enthusiastic individual with a strong work ethic who wants to join one of the market leaders.
If you wish to apply for this position, please contact or email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org or call Andrew Kingsley in confidence on 07879 413 765 for further information. REF: AK18539