Basic to £50,000
25 days ago
Basic to £50,000
Working in partnerships with Greater Manchester Combined Authority (GMCA), Kingsley are looking to appoint a Monitoring Surveyor who will be an integral member of the GMCA Core Investment Team.
The GMCA Core Investment Team directly manage and invest a £300m Housing Fund and a £100 Business and Property fund. The team also provide commercial finance support to a number of strategically important schemes and oversee the management of indirect fund managers (covering a further £200m of funds managed by the external fund managers.
This role is a key role within the Core Investment team to lead on the monitoring of property and housing developments.
Some of the key responsibilities include;
- Have overall responsibility for all property monitoring (c£400m)
- Attend site visits for all large and/or complex property schemes to understand the developments’ progress and provide challenge when required
- Review all external Monitoring Surveyors reports to identify key risks/issues
- Work with the Transaction Manager on solutions to risks/issues that have been identified and to work with the Developers around these issues
- Liaise with Local Authorities and partners to understand their development pipelines
- Line Manage the Junior QS with responsibility for overseeing their work.
The successful candidate will be able to demonstrate a stable and progressive CV with experience of housing and property new build schemes, in addition to;
- Be a RICS qualified QS (MRICS)
- A minimum of 3 years PQE
- Demonstrate good working knowledge of JCT/NEC contracts
- Have the ability to lead from the front as regards client meetings, dealing with multi-disciplined teams and project delivery
- Have excellent line management skills
- Must be able to handle multiple jobs and manage your own workload, ensuring all deadlines are met
- Must have proficient IT skills
- Previous Residential / Commercial / Education project experience.
A full brief is available, please contact Mark Noakes in confidence to discuss.
All third party applications will be forwarded by the GMCA to Mark Noakes for review.